El Camino Central Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
I like the fact that we do not get the bitter cold winters like it does back in PA

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I've had snakes fall out of the trees around my house. Happened at least 3 times last year.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
In S. Fla., they have Iguanas fall out of trees when it gets cold but they're not dead just frozen , when it warms up they come back to life , sorta like me in cold weather .

·
Registered
882 Posts
ha ha
I could live with them

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
In S. Fla., they have Iguanas fall out of trees when it gets cold but they're not dead just frozen , when it warms up they come back to life , sorta like me in cold weather .
Aren't the Iguanas an invasive species like the boas that are in the Florida swamps?I was in Ft.Lauderdale a couple of years ago and there sure are a lot of them scurrying around.I hadn't been to Florida in a few years and really noticed their presence more.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Snakes? Seriously? I'll put up with the rain in the Pacific Northwest forever before I'll ever have to watch for a frigging rattlesnake in my driveway or a cotton mouth dropping out of a tree. That's just me...

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
LOL. Looks like a Typical spring day in Aridzona! Rattlesnakes, Gila Monster, Javalina. Yep Aridzona!

·
Registered
882 Posts
If they can kill me, I want to beat them to it................
You can save yours, just keep them away from me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Please don't kill critters just because you are scared of them. Remember we moved into their neighborhood they didn't move into ours.
Never killed any of the critters I've found around the house, including 8 possums, 3 raccoons, and a few snakes. Even though the possums and raccoons moved into my attic.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
882 Posts
Possums, armadillos and Racoons are ok but If the snakes are poisonous I want them DEAD

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Aren't the Iguanas an invasive species like the boas that are in the Florida swamps?I was in Ft.Lauderdale a couple of years ago and there sure are a lot of them scurrying around.I hadn't been to Florida in a few years and really noticed their presence more.
Yes , they are the same catagory as Pythons & Boaconstrictors , lots of Pythons in the Glades , not as many Boas . There is a bounty on them $ 500 on big Pythons , Iguanas are found all over S. Fla. , also Cuban Lizards , abit smaller than Iguanas but they run in packs of about 8-12 , all of these are non poisonous but Iguanas can get up to 5-6 foot long .

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Please don't kill critters just because you are scared of them. Remember we moved into their neighborhood they didn't move into ours.
Except the Pythons & other invacive species , they were brought here illegally & set free in the Glades , they were not here 50 years ago .

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,839 Posts
The problem with most species that were introduced to an area by mankind , it often turns into a situation that they become the dominate species and either crowd out , disrupt or flat our kill many of the native species . In the northern part of the Florida Keys , the Phytons are slowly stretching out from the Everglades and the Iguanas are already here in numbers . Ignored , their numbers can destabilize sea walls and eat native bird eggs etc. There are getting to be so many that the State of Florida is allowing their eradication . Reminds me that when my wife and I did a 3 week R.V. trip to North and South New Zealand , the invasive Ferrets were so plentiful that there was no shortage of dead ones that were run over by vehicles on the roads . They had the biggest and best fed Hawks .

21 - 40 of 44 Posts