El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just as title states :D

btw,,,the 455 is giving me gay problems...first off it ran a little rough
so i put new plugs in,,bingo runs lkike a dream now,second problem was,it would backfire getting into the secondaries? so looking at the edelbrock,they foobarred the accel pump,installed it to the biggest shot,so i put it back to normal,it still does it!!!!

second problem,it might be related,they had the vaccum advance hooked to a full vaccum port on the carb,instead of timed. im thinking the motor might be too retarded or advanced?

im not very experienced with buicks,all my knowledge is the SBC :oops: not sure how abouts to set timing,if its just like everyother v8 around lol...any and all help greatly apreciated!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm a few miles away in Vancouver Washington. I've owned mine since last September. Maybe I'll drive it by next September.

Tell me how a car can give you gay problems? Or was this a typo? I'll try not to let my car do that to me. Although, it has had me bent over, fiddling with it's thingamajig more than once. 8O

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1968elCamino said:
I'm a few miles away in Vancouver Washington. I've owned mine since last September. Maybe I'll drive it by next September.

Tell me how a car can give you gay problems? Or was this a typo? I'll try not to let my car do that to me. Although, it has had me bent over, fiddling with it's thingamajig more than once. 8O
hahah,no it wasnt a typo,its pretty much got me bent over right now,this backfire is pissing me off!

COOL! your in vancouver! thats pretty sweet,why september? lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
portland here

i'm a new owner from portland....just had my first drive-by wave from a fellow elky driver. i had forgotten about that after driving the accord for so long (you'd have to wave at every other car on the road). i remember the wave from my motorcycle days-the two finger gesture to fellow riders. it's nice to own a car appreciated by others...

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm up here in Kirkland (East Side of seattle) lots of elky & chevelle folks up here. You should try and make a trip up to Graham In August for the ACES NW Regionals- All Chevelle & ElCamino show. Always a blast!

:cool:

·
Registered
314 Posts
i represent eastern WA

1 - 6 of 6 Posts