El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooooo.....

What's been cooking Region 2? Who's got the master plan for the 2012 Region 2 Spring debut?

Season starts in about 2 months, give or take. Who's interested? What are your preferences? Where are we meeting? When?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Good question Mike

·
Executive Committee Board Member
727 Posts
Mike - I'm glad you asked --- I've been giving it some thought but have been reluctant to put my ideas out there yet.

You've forced my hand (or mouth)

As many of you know Garry has been appointed Deputy Regional Director and his concentration/emphasis/orientation is to try to better organize and recruit in CT. So I've been thinking that it might be a good idea to try to attract a group of members from down that way -- early in the season - like for the Spring Dust Off.

Now I know that for some of us this will not be easy and will require perfect weather and a very early (in the day)start etc etc - but I am hoping that a "cruise and meet" in the Hartford area might be a great idea.

So GUYS - now that I put that out there - what do y'all think ?

We're all listening !

Can anyone make more concrete suggestions about maybe a place everyone can meet for lunch as a primary gathering place - and then maybe a little cruise to a nice spot for ice cream or whatever.

G

·
Yes time to start thinking

Mike - I'm glad you asked --- I've been giving it some thought but have been reluctant to put my ideas out there yet.

You've forced my hand (or mouth)

As many of you know Garry has been appointed Deputy Regional Director and his concentration/emphasis/orientation is to try to better organize and recruit in CT. So I've been thinking that it might be a good idea to try to attract a group of members from down that way -- early in the season - like for the Spring Dust Off.

Now I know that for some of us this will not be easy and will require perfect weather and a very early (in the day)start etc etc - but I am hoping that a "cruise and meet" in the Hartford area might be a great idea.

So GUYS - now that I put that out there - what do y'all think ?

We're all listening !

Can anyone make more concrete suggestions about maybe a place everyone can meet for lunch as a primary gathering place - and then maybe a little cruise to a nice spot for ice cream or whatever.
Thanks Tom :nanawrench:

Yes it is time to start thinking about this....I'll try to come up with some ideas...
maybe something like this???

http://www.ctgolfland.com/gocarts.html

Garry :beer:

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
That would be cool

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Location matters not to me (now that my new gas CC came in!). I'm almost ready for a relaxing "road trip" (only 47 more things to do first). Looking forward to seeing you all, no matter where we meet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts