El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive done some investigating,and its the SP version which from what i read claims it as the "special performance" version and the original motor was the 400sbc.

of course it now has the 455 buick,th400 tranny,3.73 posi rear,has round intruments and a 120 speedo

bodys in great shape NO rust anywhere interiors ok i guess,needs the bench recovered,

the bed is in great shape,jsut some slight surface rust from scratches and whatnot

tires and wheels are i ngreat shape

car runs awesome and drives great,not loose or anything

wutcha guys think this things worth? honest opinions please.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CHVYPWR said:
At least an easy $3500 8)
8O 8O 8O 8O 8O i made out goooooooooood then!!!!! damn! thnx dude! :-D

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
76sprint82TA said:
ive done some investigating,and its the SP version which from what i read claims it as the "special performance" version and the original motor was the 400sbc. of course it now has the 455 buick,th400 tranny,3.73 posi rear,has round intruments and a 120 speedo bodys in great shape NO rust anywhere interiors ok i guess,needs the bench recovered, the bed is in great shape,jsut some slight surface rust from scratches and whatnot tires and wheels are i ngreat shape car runs awesome and drives great,not loose or anything wutcha guys think this things worth? honest opinions please.
If you place stock in the NADA Price guide;

Base Price (Low Retail)$2,400 (Average Retail)$5,200 (High Retail)$6,825 With options & Condition the price varies.

I know of a person got as much as $10,000.00 in an auction for a 77 Model Chevrolet El Camino. So it all depends on a lot of factors. I paid $750.00 for my 76 back in 98 not running.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ElkyPete said:
76sprint82TA said:
ive done some investigating,and its the SP version which from what i read claims it as the "special performance" version and the original motor was the 400sbc. of course it now has the 455 buick,th400 tranny,3.73 posi rear,has round intruments and a 120 speedo bodys in great shape NO rust anywhere interiors ok i guess,needs the bench recovered, the bed is in great shape,jsut some slight surface rust from scratches and whatnot tires and wheels are i ngreat shape car runs awesome and drives great,not loose or anything wutcha guys think this things worth? honest opinions please.
If you place stock in the NADA Price guide;

Base Price (Low Retail)$2,400 (Average Retail)$5,200 (High Retail)$6,825 With options & Condition the price varies.

I know of a person got as much as $10,000.00 in an auction for a 77 Model Chevrolet El Camino. So it all depends on a lot of factors. I paid $750.00 for my 76 back in 98 not running.
well,heres what i got for options that i know of lol

cruise,tilt,pwr windows,locks,pwr bench seat,a/c, uhm the "SP" package,cant really think of anything else that stands out, or grabs my attention as being odd option or something.

i yanked that cover off today,thats in the bed,has like a billion bolts,i found some slight rust,NOTHING serious at all,i was amazed.

my girlfriend and i are gonna scuff the bed up,and get rid of the slight surface rust,and im gonna spray the little compartment well with truck type bedliner {GOOD high quality stuff} as well as the entire bed,it should look SWEET! oughta enhance the worth of it slighty,as well as make it more attractive looking,i was going through the spri ntoday,found 1800 dollars in recepits for the PPG paint job on the car currently 8O so now i know the paintcode to look for when i do a few touch up places its ppg emerald green pearlcote :-D

ive been over/under/in all around this car,its solid and beefy everywhere,the only problem is the interior,its nice,has its share of problems though,basically the tan is what kills it,the steering wheel cover thingy that says GMC has a broken clip,and the dash pad is cracked :-(

on the bright side,i found all the emblems,the previous owner didnt reinstall them when he had it painted,he had them all sealed up in that little compartment behind the drivers seat.

sorry for this long post,ive just had a few offers since ive registered here,and im trying to figure out what this thing is really worth!

basically from what i hear,,i really did steal this thing

btw only mechanical problem it has at all! is the power steering leaks,the hose is leaking a little bit :oops: easy fix though :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
if you wernt across the country from me id buy it right now for that $3500 :cool:

·
Registered
224 Posts
If you can, find a way to clean up and re-install the correct GMC body badges... Those are what really sets it off as something rare and different!

Pretty sweet! Hang on to it!! The 73-77s are getting more popular as the older ones (and newer ones too) are getting snatched up!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AHSOM70 said:
If you can, find a way to clean up and re-install the correct GMC body badges... Those are what really sets it off as something rare and different!

Pretty sweet! Hang on to it!! The 73-77s are getting more popular as the older ones (and newer ones too) are getting snatched up!
yeah,thats what im working on now,the SP emblem is in the grille right now,they left that on,however the GMC emblem had been taken off and put inside the cab,im putting it back on this weekend :-D

are there supposed to be any emblems on the tailgate?

btw,i am thinking of selling it,i want to modify one,and the 73-77 im finding are way too hard to get decent parts for,plus i want to heavily mod one,dont want to do that to a rare peice,i get sick of seeing people doing that to the rare fbody's :(

so anyways,if interested shoot me a PM or an email [email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts