El Camino Central Forum banner

241 - 260 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Haha! Good bull.

Well, I created this account before I could legally drive and I had just bought my Elky days before. I figured since I was just a young buck seeking advice from a bunch of Old Farts!, I better keep it reasonable...

1979 Elky and the original owner named her Suzy, so Suzy it is. Super exciting, I know. At least 15 year old me capitalized the S!

Where did the time go?!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've had fun reading these....some were good for a laugh or two......or three. It's good to be here now that my project is almost on the road after almost 20 years. Hey....no sense rushing into things.....right?

As for me......my name is Mick, my biker buddies "gifted" me the rest......they said it was because of my twisted sense of humor......which I think is perfectly normal :). It carried over when I did some pinstriping and to my leather work (as Miguel Loco) making period correct gun rigs for cowboy reinactors in Tombstone, Las Vegas and Hollywood.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I was a submarine torpedoman when I was in the Navy, responsible for all of the ships ordnance (torpedoes and missiles). It has been my user name since I started using chat rooms 20 years ago. The reason i only use 1 "t" (vice bottomgun) is that the first time I went to register it, I could only use 1 due to character limitations. I have just kept it that way ever since.
Thank you for serving, my grandfather was a Navy SeaBee.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Matty man

I have been in the Military for 32 years now, a Crew Chief for all of those maintainers out there,, KC-135 A,E,R models,, one day a Chief now, yelled out hey"matty man" talking to me ( and most likely getting in trouble again) and it stuck, you can call me SMS Watkins, Sargent, but I respond to Matty man, from the General down most all call me Matty man,, love my 80 El Camino & A/G bodies!! Matty man:smileyb:
Thank you for serving.

·
Registered
233 Posts
jlcustomz is a name i picked for the custom automotive business I'll probably never officially run. Not much room in this economy for another high dollar auto shop,especially in north florida.Maybe I need to branch out into another field, High end bra repair?????:twisted:
I have some cousins in the Georgia, and the Florida panhandle area with the first/last initials JL, one of them is a wiz with cars, boats, and I think motorcycles too.

• 1978 5spdCaballero

·
Registered
233 Posts
Well when I first joined the group here, I needed a user name, being older I couldn't think of a clever one quickly so I came up with:
Randy short for Randall
camino short for El Camino which I happen to like a lot any year
52 for the age I was at the time

This can clear up a lot of the questions of who and why. I see jarhead and know he is Marine. Some of the others are pretty self explanatory also.
That's another one who will be 52 forever.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Elly Girl is the name of my 1983 El Camino. Since it is an "EL" Camino, her name had to be Elly. Mad sense to me.
Similar situation, adopted a dog from the shelter to be a companion to our other dog, she wanted to play with the first dog's stuffed elephant toy, so the name of the dog became Elly.

My user name is based on my '78 Caballero. 5spdCaballero

·
Registered
233 Posts
use my el camino to haul my longboard down to the beach.
Which beach do you surf most often? I grew up in Orange County, Ca. and most often went to Huntington Beach or Sunset Beach, though I never learned to surf. That was about 45 yrs ago.

5spd Caballero

·
Premium Member
4,205 Posts
Surftruck sold his '69 to HkdUp87 (Robert) about 4 years ago.
Robert and Dale (Novelle) put a 454 in the '69 and use it to pull the '85 Drag El Camino.

I'm not sure about his youth, yet last time we spoke I believe he was surfing "Trestles" in San Onofre.

241 - 260 of 276 Posts