El Camino Central Forum banner

261 - 276 of 276 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Surftruck sold his '69 to HkdUp87 (Robert) about 4 years ago.
Robert and Dale (Novelle) put a 454 in the '69 and use it to pull the '85 Drag El Camino.

I'm not sure about his youth, yet last time we spoke I believe he was surfing "Trestles" in San Onofre.
Several people I knew that did surf, liked to take the occasional trip down to San Onofre because of the warm water. I had never been there myself.

·
Registered
236 Posts
cb handle

i got that name after a bunch of us stopped for dinner and i order pinto beans and the waitress brought out this big bowl of beans and 1 small wedge of cornbread and i was stealing everyone elses cornbread:biggrin::nana2:
Taking their cornbread eh?, you are a person after my own heart.

5spd Caballero

·
Registered
64 Posts
Project X I used this name because my 81 El Camino was my newest project at the time, I was ready to join ECC club and made up a name just to register lol. So here I am 7 years and counting.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Nothing special here, my initials and what thought in my younger days was a clever reference to a cross between 007 and that Little Ol' Band from Texas' song "I Got The Six". It dates me I guess, but oh well.

·
Registered
123 Posts
When I bought my first El Camino ('86 Choo Choo Customs SS), a previous owner had removed every badge except the hood ornament--even the CCC locomotive on the dash! 😱 I wanted to proudly proclaim my vehicle's uniqueness (and not have to keep answering younger people's perplexed inquiries). Plus, Mississippi's lifetime "antique tag" design (no choices offered) is not very interesting :sleep: to say the least, and I thought my new ride deserved something better (even if I did have to pay for it every year). After giving it some thought :unsure: (and working with a 7-digit maximum), I came up with "LKMEAN0", which is phonetically correct, even though the "O" at the end is technically a "zero" since they don't allow the letter "O" on personalized plates.

When my '86 CCC SS got rear-ended and totaled 🤬😭, I bought my '87 SS and had the tag transferred.

So that is the story behind my user name here. 😁

·
Registered
26 Posts
Bugsley is my official, Shriner Clown name. I owned a 1965 Ragtop VW Bug when I chose my clown name. I used to drive it in parades.
I later found there is a Teddy Bear with the same name.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Karadjgne I've had for almost 35 years±, started out as a joke name on a video game and then online chat name in mIRC. Used it with Hotmail and never got junk-mail, unlike others with all the cool names lol.

Kinda boring and unimaginative, but it works.

·
Registered
17 Posts
We have a bunch of wild names on here. Some of them I see and understand but some of them I can't figure out. Not to mention any (strkpr00, CoyoteOn2,) :poke:and the list goes on and gets even wierder.
So I'll start
DONE DEAL DONNY was givin to me at a job. When they wanted something completed they gave it to Donny. I liked it, it stuck, I was also Doing Deads Donny,
And then some of (you guys) call me triple D, and 3 D. I'm sure I've been called worse too but you guys can't spell those!!!!:poke:
So whats in your user name????
Donny
Was always a Corvette man until I got my El Camino. Sold both Corvettes. Kept the El Camino.

·
Senior Member - 2019 Exceptional Action Award
474 Posts
Kamino60 ,all the users names had been used up spelled correctly and born in 1960 ! oh yeah going to be 60 :( and if I had a 1960 it would be 60 !

261 - 276 of 276 Posts