El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So someone hit my car in the tail light. Here is the what I found. Is it serious?

G

·
Not too bad but if the other car was fiberglass, I bet it left quite a bit of damage. That's only about $300.00 to fix at a body shop around here.:beer:
Oh yea,what's with the name Warbird Princess?:poke:

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I am sure they left thier name and insurance info,,,:yell::???::???::dontknow: doesn`t look to bad,, that sucks,, Matty man

·
Registered
358 Posts
Could've been worse,... If no one owns up to it, run it to a 'concerned' Restoration Body Shop and get it repaired the right way. Next time take up 3 parking spaces, just like the BMW & Mercedes' owners do. :twisted:
George

·
Registered
252 Posts
Dude, I see one or two spots that look as if they would be tough to pull out (by and amature like me).

A good body person could fix it (like SteelBeast said).

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well that good to know.
my name is because my grandfather flew a B-17 in WWII and Im an aircraft mechanic where we restore WWII warbirds and guns and stuff. I was working on a B-17 all winter. now im helping with a B-25.
It is parked and covered in the parking lot of my apartment complex, it dose not run. Im keeping under a 100% waterproof car cover, which was not cheep nether, which also got damaged. it there until I can find a place to work on her. they didn't leave any info, no name, no nothing. Thats what made me upset more than anything.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I've lived on SAC bases most of my life. My absolute favorite bomber/gunship was the B-25. I would bet that I've built 13 different variations of it at 1/32 scale. I envy the person that can step inside of one and say, this is what we need to restore next!

WoW!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My boss called me warbird princess one day and it stuck. :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
just keep an eye out for anyone in your apartments that has rubbed paint on their bumpers, that could look like they are the culprit... If you see that car wait for the owner and ask them about it... Mention you have it on video if they deny it...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, I don't work at Fantasy of Flight (that would be nice), but close. I work at this small place called American Aero Services, in New Smyrna Beach.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
That sucks about the hit and run. I had that happen to my vintage Mercedes years ago. Don't have that car anymore either. That panel is reproduced, so if it's been too far damaged, it can at least be replaced.

No, I don't work at Fantasy of Flight (that would be nice), but close. I work at this small place called American Aero Services, in New Smyrna Beach.
Which is where Collings Foundation has had their planes serviced. Would this be their B25 you're working on? I've had rides on both their 17 and 24.... plan to do it again. Timing always sucks up north here by the time they make this neck of the woods.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yep, thats us! and yes thats their 25 Tondelayo. Well its a small world. Well thank you of supporting them and the Vets, cause without the Collings Foundation, I would have no job. :) 9-0-9 is my girl! Im actually theaming my 72 elky after my grandfathers B-17 "Sweet Slumber". His nose art and everything.
Can't beat the sound of those Radials! :inlove:

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
X2 on the radials!!!!! I worked the Gathering of the Legdens with the P-51`s in 2007 here at Rickenbacker IAP, Ohio,, best 5 days I have had in a long time!!! My dad flew B-25`s, B-36, B-52`s and KC-135A and I crew(or crewed now in MOC) the 135A,E and the best R model,,57-1462,, Matty man

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Matty, I was an ECM operator on a B-36 crew at Travis. Became an ECM (Electronic Warfare) Supervisor before retiring. Worked the B-52D's, U -2's, and SR-71's.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
The SR-71`s just rocked!!!!!!!!!! The first one I watched was in Moldyhole (Mildenhall RAF),, loved to watch that ol girl,,, Hope to meet with ya someday and have a few beers and yak about the Curtis LaMay days!! Matty man:beer:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts