El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
an Elky Driver from an Outpost in Germany needs help.
Can anybody tell me, how I can remove the cover from the steering post in my Elca 1975 ??? We have to repair or replace the switch for the turn signal...we can't find how to dismantle the cover - strange...!!! Do have somebody an hint for us ???

thanks and best regards...

p.S. My Elca1975 do not have an tank for the wiperwater ...??? Is this normal...? We have to install one for the german test certificate...!!!

·
Premium Member
851 Posts
The turn signal switch is under the lock plate, behind the steering wheel. R&R steering wheel, lock plate, and there she is...

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,307 Posts
back behind the wheel itself,there is two set of screw ,remove them and the horn pad come off. now you can get to the steering wheel bolt..:beer:

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
the cover that the turn signal lever sticks out of snaps into place. squeeze the outsides of it towards the lever while pulling outward (away from column) and it will come right off. reverse process to reinstall

:poke:

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Lock plate tool

Do you already have the steering wheel off? There is a small ring that holds the lock plate in place, you need the tool that presses down on the lock plate so you can remove the lock ring, when the plate is off you can work on the switch.:beer:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Guys,
thank you all...yes the steering wheel is already off. Today I'll try it with my new knowledge and I'll report...

greetz eyk :You_Rock:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Guys, everything worked well thanks to your help. I'm very grateful for that.

greetz from germany...eyk :nanawrench:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts