El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not really new to the G-Body scene but more to the El Camino/Malibu platform.

Now my questions are I recently picked up a 78 Malibu from Port Charlotte a couple weeks ago, and have just been picking stuff up that I would like to upgrade my Malibu with. So far I have bought some 79+ Quarter Panel Extensionslocally from a friend, some 81 Tail Lights off Ebay, and am now looking for a 81 Header Panel, just having a hard time finding one.

So my question is....

Does anyone know where I could get a one in good condition or would be willing to trade for a 78 Header Panel?

Also I would like to do a LS Motor swap to my Malibu but am uncertain of how to go about picking swap items as far as Motor Mounts and Headers. I hear BRPs are pretty good but the kit seems pretty expensive at 479-/+.

Also I wanted to upgrade the Mirrors to 86-86 El Camino Mirrors, I was told I could you the 86+ Monte Carlo mirrors only the gaskets are different, would anyone have the measurements of the location where i should drill to fit the mirrors to look factory ?

Thanks in advance
Peter

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,609 Posts
Peter , Welcome and glad to see you posted . For the header panel you may want to also check with M and M Speed and Custom in Davie , Fl. They are members here at ECC , give us a discount and have a good reputation . Good idea to post this in Region 6 , Fl. but if you do not get the results you want , you can also post in " Parts Wanted " section . The vendors section also has other sellers listed . If you haven`t seen it yet , check out the forums in the " LS and LT " section . If possible , we hope you can join us in July and do part of the Lake City , Fl to Key West Power Cruise .

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Peter , Welcome and glad to see you posted . For the header panel you may want to also check with M and M Speed and Custom in Davie , Fl. They are members here at ECC , give us a discount and have a good reputation . Good idea to post this in Region 6 , Fl. but if you do not get the results you want , you can also post in " Parts Wanted " section . The vendors section also has other sellers listed . If you haven`t seen it yet , check out the forums in the " LS and LT " section . If possible , we hope you can join us in July and do part of the Lake City , Fl to Key West Power Cruise .
Yea I know Rich but he was going through health problems recently I didn't wanna bother him, but he gave me a call today and told me he had a 81 Header Panel for me :). Now all I have to do is get rid of this junk sitting around my shed. to fund the rest of the vehicle.

here are some pics.

Front (Needs to be updated)

81 Quarter Panel Extensions Updated

Fresh Lights off Ebay

2010 Charger Interior being put in

Where I'm at with the Engine Compartment

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mean I like the BRPs but I would like to just buy the Mounts and not the whole setup since I wanna go with a G-Force Cross member I wouldn't need the cross member included

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,609 Posts
Bonez84 , I don`t have parts but wondering what you still need . Hope Rich from M and M Speed is doing better .

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just a 81 header panel, and possibly some info on a reliable place to get a rear end shorten and a tub job in my area

·
Registered
96 Posts
Do you need just the header or are you looking for all the lights and bezels? I live in NJ but I have a friend who constantly is back and forth to FL. I could possilby send it down with him or ship it. PM me and let me know

·
Deputy Director Region 6
1,630 Posts
Header Panel

Hi Bonez, give Rich at M&M 954-693-5020 a call for the header panel, he might be able to recommend some one for the tubbing, take care, Tony.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@The El Camino Kid 319, Just the header panel should be fine, Lights and Bezel already have em new. Preciate it.
@Carretera, Thanks.

Also have a stock from bumper with all strip and bumper guards , smooth rear bumper, and a 78 Header Panel with everything if anyone is interested.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts