El Camino Central Forum banner

Speedometer Needle

4K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  bazthespazz 
#1 ·
Does anyone have a replacement Speedometer Needle for an '82 Elky? Mine broke of course which I have seen many of you out there having the same provlem. I've read one form on here saying that the needle can be removed by holding the rear shaft in place and turing the needle pointer counter clockwise making it unscrew from the pin?? Can this be done? Or does anyone know of a Speedometer Rebuild Shop with in the Houston, Texas area?

Thanks

Phil

#4 ·
Mine broke into 5 pieces. 2 of the pieces I cannot locate. There somewhere in the garage. LOL. I have seen some needle OE replacements once in awhile go on Ebay but wow just for one little needle $35 to $40 dollars. I think that's a little steep for a piece of plastic.

#12 ·
Thanks I will check them out this Saturday when I'm off work and take them my Speedometer to show them the broken pointer. And see what they tell me? If they can't fix it? If they can't then I will message you once I know something this weekend. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.