El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting a 1987 zf s6-40 trans in my 72 elky does any one know how I can make my original speedometer work at do I have to install an aftremarket one also if any one has a clutch and brake pedal assembly for sale I am interested
Thanks
Jerry Huyghe

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just answered my own question and just in case any one here needs to do this there is a electronic to mechanical converter available called a ( cable x ) it takes the electric signal from sa modern trans and uses it to drive a cervo motor to tun the spedo cable and drive the speedometer so you van keep the stock gage in place:nanawrench:

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I asked a couple of shops here in the thumb area of mi. Whear i live thats how i found this if you know of a shop that can do this please share it
Thanks

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Can this electronic from mech. speedo info be better explained ? .What do they do to your old mech. speedo ? Photos { of finished product,wiring info .} ,this is good for 4L60e transmissions ? Any modification at the trans end ? Thanks !!

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
they take the electronics from an electric speedo and put it in your original speedo so it looks original. it comes with a calibration button like the aftermarket stuff.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
So what is the appx. cost to do the rebuild ? And what does it take to interface with the 4L60e trans ., a 4000 speed buffer ? And does the cruise control work ? Thanks on the reply ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts