El Camino Central Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Event is GO, just called track.
Racers showing up today.
Rain looks to start Saturday afternoon though.
I鈥檓 going Friday at least, need to smell some rubber burning 馃憤馃徎

Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
Sorry to say that we had to make an earlier decision to bail out based on the weather forecast . That it is thirteen hours of round trip driving and three nights motel costs influenced the decision . Sure hope they get enough of a window of no rain to get the event done . Unfortunately , this is the second year I have missed the NMCA . Last year I was on my way up to meet Jay when I lost the driveshaft in my 59 . I read their Fastest Street Car Magazine all year and was so looking forward to seeing the racing and my friends . Well , onward through the fog . Our next event is Steve Sander`s popular Gainesville Get Together And 1/4 Mile Run April 1 . Info here in the Region 6 , Fl forums . Bill , you are correct as last year in Gainesville , the track cancelled the Summit Series Racing due to weather/rain forecast . It was cloudy but no rain . The track allowed us to use their facility and we were able to get together .

Reactions: CherokeeBodie

Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
Bbailey_33 , As I write this , I hope you are at the NMCA evnt and you have some decent weather that the racing and show are going well . Keeping our fingers crossed for you .

21 - 23 of 23 Posts