El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, after a bit of looking around, I'm pretty sure i need to get coil springs. I was wondering if anyone knows of where to buy a good set thats not too extremely expensive, and won't lower the car any. I would like to stick with the stock height, i just like the look of it more. Thanks for any responses :D

·
Registered
769 Posts
I posted above about shocks and springs etc. above from PST. When the springs were installed the car sat high. It took a while for it to settle to normal height. Just to let you know what to expect. :cool:

·
Registered
232 Posts
I Got some generic NAPA/Balkamp pieces, KYB Shocks, Belltech Dropped Spindles (2 in drop), and Global West Del-a-lum bushings. Expensive parts but they are the best out there, as a word of warning if you get their upper A-Arm bushings you have to get their A-arm rod (the one that holds the arm to the frame, whatever its called) the stock one won't work. I learned the hard way, my car is up in the air with no front end, I've got a local shop pushung the bushings and I found out about the rod at 5:15 on Friday, ran home and called Global West hoping to get something here today but no go. Worst part is I need the car monday And it will be Wednesday before I can get them installed. :-(

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does anyone happen to know anything about the PST ground zero springs? I found them for 95 for the front pair and another 95 for the rear. Anyone know if they are a good brand or not? thinking about making these my new springs. I really need some bad, and that 200 for all four springs is looking good to me(bank account is getting real low) Any replies are always appreciated!! :D

·
1,867 Posts
Will they lower the car? If so how much?

·
Registered
769 Posts
Steve, I've had the Ground Zero in for three years now and no problems. But also replaced all the bushings and front end parts, sway bar and shocks. They all work as a unit and replacing just one piece my not get the results your looking for. Also as long as the front end is in pieces I would go all the way. I think I paid about $650 for everything including Edelbrock IAS shocks (from Summit). The bushings were the "super polygraphite kit". p-s-t.com. JMHO 8)

·
823 Posts
I got a pair of front springs for a big block A body. $40.00 bucks. Cut off one coil for stock height and solid ride! :p

·
Registered
260 Posts
I purchased a set of rear springs form Moog and they are great! P/N 5391. They are stiff enough that the air shocks don't even need air in them.

·
Registered
34 Posts
rear coils

If you can get rear coils out of a Malibu wagon, it'll lift you 2-3" at least.

They fit, I've done it. My parts car is a '79 wagon for my '80 el camino.

I highly recommend it. :)

·
1,867 Posts
Thats what I had. I changed them because I don't like the "jacked up look" any more. 8) I am a 1 1/2 lower in front & stock height rear with air bags.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts