El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a Paint Stencil Kit for 1979 El Camino.... I have a steel cowl hood and want a stencil kit (not decals) to put on the hood. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
I always just get the fine-line tape and just lay them out. It helps to measure one and lay out the straight lines then I just eyeball the corners at the front. Way cheaper than a full stencil and easier to apply.

Joe

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I always just get the fine-line tape and just lay them out. It helps to measure one and lay out the straight lines then I just eyeball the corners at the front. Way cheaper than a full stencil and easier to apply.

Joe
Any idea how wide they are? that is what I am thinking I will need to do.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
‘79 SS package didn’t feature hood stripes, so you’ll probably end up measuring, eyeballing and masking it yourself.
Patrick
I realize that but was hoping someone had something. Just was wondering how wide they are, but maybe I can just make them however I want.

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
Any idea how wide they are? that is what I am thinking I will need to do.
I have no idea as to exact size. Like I said, I usually just lay it out and look at a pic of how I want it to fit. Then measure the first side to make sure it's even. Haven't had a complaint yet!

Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts