El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 3 months ago I was looking to upgrade my brakes. I had picked out a couple kits from Summit and got ahold of SSBC to verify which one would work.

They gave me the part # that they said was the one that I needed. I ordered from Summit.

When it came in I opened it and it said it was a drum to disc conversion so I contacted SSBC again and they again said it was the kit I needed. I have factory disc.

Fast forward to this morning, my car is on jack stands and partially taken apart. I start to get out the parts and they will NOT work for my app. I again called SSBC and they told me that wasn't the kit I needed, gave me the part #s and told me to call Summit.

After talking to Summit Racing the rotors were in stock but the calipers wont be avail. until the 1st week of Sept.

The rep at Summit worked out another kit for me (Wilwood) and will ship 1st thing Monday morning. Tia at Summit is a first class person working for a first class company. They are issuing a pick ticket for the return of the ssbc kit for a full refund applied to the cost of the Wilwood kit.

In summary, SSBC might have a good product but I will never find out as I will never buy anything from them. Their customer service and tech support gets a -10 on a scale of 1 to 10. To say the least they really tweaked my cookies.:let_it_all_out:

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, just an upgrade. I wanted the drilled and slotted rotors and 4 piston calipers.

I know, overkill but its what I wanted.

And the cookies started out being sugar cookies and quickly turned into butt biscuits.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts