El Camino Central Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I admire your work conditions, I've been known to not want to go out and work in the garage because it's cold. :oops:

You are going to inspire me to tough it out and work more on mine. I just picked up my engine from the machine shop today. Now when the transmission is done I can start putting it back together.
My Father and my fiance really wanted me to get the frame done before the snow flies here in Michigan..I have also bought an engine and transmission this summer
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Plant Tent Automotive exterior
Smile Hood Plant Tree Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Gas Automotive wheel system

Registered
87 Caballero Amarillo, original 305/200-4R, QJ
That's a ton of work, for not having commercial media blasters, rotisserie and all the other time-saver stuff the pro TV ppl take advantage of. Kudos to the back-yard git'r'done crowd, that's a serious accomplishment in unto itself. Very well done, I'm impatient to see what comes next 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
That's a ton of work, for not having commercial media blasters, rotisserie and all the other time-saver stuff the pro TV ppl take advantage of. Kudos to the back-yard git'r'done crowd, that's a serious accomplishment in unto itself. Very well done, I'm impatient to see what comes next 馃憤
I wanted to do this project while my father is here to share it with me..he is in his late 70's and has heart issues..He is enjoying it as much as I am..since I bought my original El Camino from him..I really thought people would be bored with my post but I am glad people are enjoying my project...I am too! I want this car to reflect me so I am giving it my very best..Thank you!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Amazing. My favorite part is that you are not using a lift. Just a floor jack and blocks.
Can't wait to see the final results.
I didn't think it could be done either but my fiance said oh yes it can....I watched very closely and was amazed..we sold the body and it was put onto a uhaul trailer the same way..without a lift....I will learn alot from my fiance..he is teaching me so much

Registered
Deb. That is really cool to get to do it with your dad I wish I could of done that. Wish I was closer would of been nice to see the know how you were getting it done with. You will have a nice ride when your finished. Russ

Registered
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I seen one of the same color in Grayling with 41k miles,,beautiful ! I bought the topper off of it !
congrats! I am not even sure how many miles are on this one :LOL: its got a good v6 in it but it is getting replaced with 350 (already purchased) I am not sure what color it will end up..I am leaning towards candied black cherry but then I have to replace the light blue interior also :( ..I am a ways from that tho :)

21 - 40 of 54 Posts