El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
7,007 Posts
Going, Giong, Gone?

Looks as if it's not going anywhere - for now. But it will bear watching as individual States look for more revenue to address their perceived needs. Classic car owners and collectors are a very small constituency, relatively speaking, and are generally not a vocal group..............Ken

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
In CO they froze classic cars as pre 76 for about 10 years. So 76 and newer. In 2011 I had a 1976 Eldorado vert was 35 years old no classic plate.

Now they do 1975 and older Classic plates no e test. 76 to 32 years old get classic plates but have e test every 5 years with plate renewal.

IMO it's all about $$$$$

Here in CO we have third party do testing, STATE gets a few dollars from every test. RESULT MORE TESTING.

POLICE state of New Jersey, state run emmissions testing. So it COST the state for every test. 25 yo or older. No more e testing.

Last point for THE GREENS:

Florida, 19 million, Does not test one car. How the **** is that fair?

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Florida changed from 20 to 30 years many years ago ,I got my antique tag last year , this year all El Caminos in Florida qualify for antique tags . It's only $20 a year compared to $40 & up for a regular tag based on vehicle weight . We have no emission testing in Florida that I know of .

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Yeah but FLA test ZERO EMMISSIONS
The reason Florida has no emission testing is because of winds off the Atlantic Ocean & Gulf of Mexico keep blowing away the smog , we virtually have no smog . They tried emission testing in the big cities years ago but stopped doing it because pollution reading even in the big cities was not that high , a lot lower than in any big cities in the USA . We have no mountains , Florida is very flat , the highest elevation in the state in about 300 ft above sea level , average elevation is around 20 ft.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
The reason Florida has no emission testing is because of winds off the Atlantic Ocean & Gulf of Mexico keep blowing away the smog , we virtually have no smog . They tried emission testing in the big cities years ago but stopped doing it because pollution reading even in the big cities was not that high , a lot lower than in any big cities in the USA . We have no mountains , Florida is very flat , the highest elevation in the state in about 300 ft above sea level , average elevation is around 20 ft.

i think all testing in any state is BS and nothing but a money play but PLEASE the atmosphere is all air combined. the ozone layer is ABOVE Florida. so that excuse is BS. Colorado mountains are COVERED IN SOOT FROM CALI and CHINA and INDIA. There is a thing that covers the globe called atmosphere. The pollution caused in FLA ends up somewhere. Maybe not FLA but it goes into the atmosphere and affects us all.

MY MAIN POINT IS FLA gets away with it cause they done need the money/

·
Premium Member
4,664 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts