El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The attached file is a report of the current NECOA finances, updates on some events, and a discussion of new Association initiatives being rolled out now. There's some pretty interesting stuff in here that you should be aware of. Just click once or twice to open the pdf file...........................Ken :beer:

Attachments

·
Silver Contributor Participating Member
461 Posts
Interesting indeed. Thanks for all the hard work Ken and the other directors.

·
Venerated Member
501 Posts
Ken,

Near as I can tell, you have done an outstanding job with this. I am glad you cleared up one of my misconceptions...the donation I made here early on never even reached it's intended recipient. Look for another to come straight to you...stuffed in the same envelope as my next parts purchase check !

Keep up the good work:You_Rock::beer:

Chris

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Package on the way!

The total was $121.23, Chris. The postage was $25.43 and I'll send you the tracking number later.....................THANKS..................Ken :beer:

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,539 Posts
Good report. Thanks for the bi-annual update. :texas:

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
Uhh test passed! I was able to open that message. Add my kudos here in the public forum for the countless hours you spend working to continue the revitalization and growth of this fine association! Not to exclude former and current members of the now official exec committee, along with the growing bunch of Directors and Deputy Directors in many Regions! And the contributions by the members without title has also been outstanding! And no, none of that is intended to be a toot on my own horn. It is quite an honor to be one little part of this worldwide group. My pride and dedication grow just as the progress and total membership does!

:beer: to you and all!

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
2400+ new members in 6 months!!!!:nanawrench::nanawrench::nanawrench:I would bet most from Texas & Florida:poke:Thanks for the update Ken,, good to part of such a great site!! Come on Ohio & W.Va!! lets show some noise!!! Here`s to the next 6 months!!!!!! Matty man:beer: :texas: :dontknow:

·
Venerated Member
501 Posts
Ken,

I'm a little unclear on whom to make this Donation check out to...want it made out to you or NECOA?:You_Rock:

Chris

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Clear as MUd?

Make the checks out to the NECOA, and mail them to me. I'll drop them in our Wells Fargo account...................Ken :beer:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Thanks for the report, Ken - great work! By the way - I was searching google for El Camino VIN's when I was originally directed to the site - I joined about a year ago & have encouraged others that this is the place to be if you own or love Elky's - recently posted the address on two El Camino "group" sites on Powerblock:You_Rock:

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great! Individual Work really adds up!

Thanks very much, my friend. If we all pitch in and recruit several members each, we can have active cells for regional meetings and shows all over the country. It takes a lot of work initially, but after a while, the members can seem to come out of the shadows. In those areas where it's really hard to see progress - all we can do is keep trying. Thanks again.....................Ken :beer:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Ken,

Thank you for the status update and all that you do for NECOA. Having served in volunteer leadership positions in car and motorcycle clubs as well as my church, I can really appreciate all the work that goes on behind the scenes.

Although I have been an El Camino owner since 1972 (1 2nd Gen & 7 3rd Gens), I did not do a ground up restoration until I retired from the Army in 1997 when I found a documented #s matching 1970 El Camino SS 396. Like many NECOA members, I quickly became overwhelmed with the magnitude of the project and turned to ACES/Team Chevelle where I found an abundance of technical information as well as moral support on the TC forums.

Ironically, I did not join NECOA until a couple years ago when I was looking for a place to post a for sale ad for the '72 El Camino I brought to Belton last year. Needless to say, I was very disappointed when I found out I had to have 50 posts just to list the vehicle but I joined anyway. Although I do not use NECOA for technical information & rarely post to any of the forums, I do enjoy keeping up with banter on the forums (especially Region 13-DDD always cracks me up!)

All this is to say that there are a lot of El Camino owners out there (some like Rushgator who are fortunate enough to own both chevelles & caminos) who belong to ACES and would probably enjoy belonging to NECOA if presented the opportunity. Although I have never been to Chevellebration (hopefully next year if I sell my 72 SS) and do not know ACES president, Chuck Hansen personally, I believe there is a great deal of potential synergy to be gained by affiliation between the two organizations. When I finally made it to the ACES Midwest Regional last year in Kansas City, I was somewhat disppointed to find about a 120 Chevelles but only about 15 El Caminos. I am also surprised that Team Chevelle does not have a link to the NECOA website and vice-versa. With a little collaboration between you & Chuck, maybe we can increase the participation by Camino owners in Chevellebration & regional ACES events while simultaneously increasing NECOA membership and event participation.

This is just food for thought, Ken. Please feel free to PM me if you want additional info on ACES/Team Chevelle or contact info for ACES Pres, Chuck Hansen. Regardless of whether you decide to follow up my suggestion, thanks for stepping up as National Director & keep up the good work!

Respectfully, Fred

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm Interested.........................

Thanks for the kind words - I've sent you a PM, Fred. I'm interested in your ideas........................Ken

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
I had found the Chevelle site (I thought it was Chevelle Tech) and joined it before finally locating ECC and the NECOA where my home will remain. The content does not hold a candle to the wonderful NECOA members who provide it here on ECC! Anyway...As I recall, that was also an Autoforums site and some link to ours should be a doable thing.

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,539 Posts
Great idea, Fred!

I also frequented Team Chevelle before joining NECOA. I still visit Team Chevelle, and while there is good tech info, the discussion boards there never quite drew me in as they have on ECC. So, it would be great if something that could further the cause of both of our organizations could result from some cooperation between NECOA & ACES. I understand that Chuck is an approachable, helpful guy, so he may be receptive to this idea.

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
We could share...................

I'll look into a sharing arrangement...........................Ken :beer:

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bump!

Bump!