El Camino Central Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, a while back I took apart my steering column to lightly restore when I was also taking my dash out. After reading through this article ( FYI I am not able to find an exploded diagram of 66 column but this is close ) I realized that someone messed with my column before as I am missing a few parts.

Question for you guys, I have what I thought and extensively searched and it doesn't seem anyone sells the spaces and bushings that go inside the column between the parts, I was only able to find the bearing at the very top and bottom. Am I not looking in the right places?

I have marked the main parts I am looking for.

Attachments

·
Registered
261 Posts
So, a while back I took apart my steering column to lightly restore when I was also taking my dash out. After reading through this article ( FYI I am not able to find an exploded diagram of 66 column but this is close ) I realized that someone messed with my column before as I am missing a few parts.

Question for you guys, I have what I thought and extensively searched and it doesn't seem anyone sells the spaces and bushings that go inside the column between the parts, I was only able to find the bearing at the very top and bottom. Am I not looking in the right places?

I have marked the main parts I am looking for.
I might have what you’re looking for. I ripped out my non tilt steering to put in a tilt unit. It’s a PG column shift. I’m not sure what exactly you’re looking for, the diagram picture is little hard to see on my phone. I pulled the shaft out of the tube and the upper tube is still assembled.The lower bushing was shot and I destroyed the shifter linkage lever arms removing column. Let me know if you’re interested.
Mark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts