El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still in search for some seat belts either 3 point or lap belts for my 73...local wrecking yard has none in good shape...had ordered some for a clearance price form Jcwhitney but they got back stating out of stock...any leads...

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I am also looking. I have the males, the female plugs were rotten. I am curretly using a carabiner. A police stopped me for no side belt. She saw I had my lapbelt and no ticket. She did tell me the shoulder belt is necessary for legal driving. I use it when I go for a "ride" of a long trip/ highway. Those accidents will kill ya, however its the small trips that get ya.
http://www.census.gov/compendia/sta...n/motor_vehicle_accidents_and_fatalities.html

I just noticed: 1000 posts, yea! :beer:

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
I plan to take my old ones from my trucklet to a good upholstery shop and have new ones made. Maybe you should get the best looking set (the upholstery shop will only need the buckles, mounts etc.) and have new ones made for you?

Doug

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
There's a 76 or 77 (rectangular headlights) Malibu at one of the wreckers here...not sure if the shoulder belts would work but maybe the inners would? Let me know if you want me to check it out.

Kevin

·
Supporting Member
4,526 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts