El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there have an idea what a 327 and 4speed would be worth from a 65 Camino? I know the car has sat and has not run in over 4years. Is it worth more than srcap or a boat anchor? Entire car is rusted in on itself but I'm trying to bundle it up in a package deal and just don't want to pay too much. I'm thinking about taking the 4speed setup and putting it in a 65 that I have but don't know if its worth it.

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
For my dos centavos the 327 was, and still is, one of the nicest small blocks. Even some parts like the 365 or 375 manifolds and the real double hump heads are still in demand. There should be some other salvagable worthwhile parts on that cruck too. I'd say go for it at the right price!

:beer:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Someone pulled the 327/4spd out of my 64 custom to put a 350/Th350 in their place. I would love to go back to the original! I'd jump on it, think you should too!

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
never a scrap consideration.as above stated the 327/4 speed was one of the sweetest small block combo second only to the 302/4 speed and lt1/4 speed

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
Yep that little 302 was wicked for sure! Just saw a couple of 67 Camaros with them at a museum in February. There may be other parts to flip on this thing too. Such as the dash cluster and or wiring, trim parts, any still good part of the heater box, etc. Not to mention any original glass left intact.

:beer:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts