El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok what is the varied opinions on headers vs stock manifolds, haven't used a set of headers on forever, best way to keep em from leaking?

·
Registered
573 Posts
I recently went through the same dilemma for my 85---I ended up with full lenth Hooker ceramic coated headers into a true dual exhaust----I also replaced the crossmember with the G-Force dual hump crossmember -this will give you plenty of ground clearence and a very clean installation-Pete :)

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
There is really no competition. Headers are better than Stock Manifolds hands down. The question would be Which brand do I buy, for me it was DynoMax Cerma Coated full length headers.

You can go to the local bone yards and look for a 73 or older Elky or Chevelle they should have a stock two hump cross member and it should fit or as some of us did you can get the one that G-Force sells or.... You could modify the one on the truck now.

·
Banned
881 Posts
Elcaminonyc said:
I ended up with full lenth Hooker ceramic coated headers into a true dual exhaust----I also replaced the crossmember with the G-Force dual hump crossmember
I agree. And don't be frugal when you buy the headers. Be prepared to spend $$$ when you buy headers. Don't go for the $99 specials. Whichever brand you choose make sure you buy ceramic coated, and get the heaviest gauge tubing. The alternative is re-installing new headers every two year. :roll:

The G-force crossmember is a very nice, heavy duty, perfect fit, double hump crossmember and IMHO is the best choice for headers and true dual exhaust.

:mrgreen:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts