El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well when I was doing my engine swap when I went to disconnect my driveline I discovered that my car has positrac. I assumed it was aftermarket. Then, when I was going through my RPO codes the other day I found this: AO1- limited slip rear end. So, aparently the posi is stock. Anyone else have this? How common/uncommon is it because my other 84 (non SS) did not have it. Was it standard for all SS?

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
I think it was an option on all. "SS" is mostly stickers and not much else. Maybe guages too.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Hey Posi rear ends were a option on all car/Trucks. The Code for a posi is G80. AO1 is Soft ray tint (all glass).

Doug

·
Registered
555 Posts
Well when I was doing my engine swap when I went to disconnect my driveline I discovered that my car has positrac. I assumed it was aftermarket. Then, when I was going through my RPO codes the other day I found this: AO1- limited slip rear end. So, aparently the posi is stock. Anyone else have this? How common/uncommon is it because my other 84 (non SS) did not have it. Was it standard for all SS?
When you disconnected the driveline you discovered the rearend has a posi unit?

What happened that led you to that conclusion? Just curious.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Doug oh ya my bad got mixed up on the codes.

@ElkySS well when I was unbolting the driveline from the rear I needed to rotate it to get to the other bolts so I jacked up one side tried to turn it but it wouldnt. So I jacked up the other side too and when I turned the driveline the posi locked and both wheels turned. So I guess to anyone wondering if they have it or not jack up your rear wheels and turn the driveline.

·
Registered
555 Posts
@Doug oh ya my bad got mixed up on the codes.

@ElkySS well when I was unbolting the driveline from the rear I needed to rotate it to get to the other bolts so I jacked up one side tried to turn it but it wouldnt. So I jacked up the other side too and when I turned the driveline the posi locked and both wheels turned. So I guess to anyone wondering if they have it or not jack up your rear wheels and turn the driveline.
Cool, thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts