El Camino Central Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello gang!! I have a question. How much value, if any, depreciates off of a Elko when it's stolen and the vin is stripped out of it? It now has a state tax number stamped in the required place on the car, and state paperwork. Thanks in advance, JD

·
0 Posts
Hello gang!! I have a question. How much value, if any, depreciates off of a Elko when it's stolen and the vin is stripped out of it? It now has a state tax number stamped in the required place on the car, and state paperwork. Thanks in advance, JD
With the vin being removed,the value only goes down on the car instead of the parts installed. So if you try to resell it,you'll be selling it for the value of the parts instead of the value of the classic. I think you can go to a junkyard and remove a vin from a junker or even find someone on craigslist thats parting out an Elco and have them sell you the vin along with the title.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Don't do that!!!! There are some states, Texas among them, that have special vehicle theft enforcement units. If they check the VIN and the other locations where its stamped, and they don't match, you are at least going to have a very hard time getting your car back out of impound.

If you have a number from the state, it's a valid number and should stand up in any state.

·
0 Posts
Don't do that!!!! There are some states, Texas among them, that have special vehicle theft enforcement units. If they check the VIN and the other locations where its stamped, and they don't match, you are at least going to have a very hard time getting your car back out of impound.

If you have a number from the state, it's a valid number and should stand up in any state.
Like he said,it's a hard thing to do but if you plan on keeping the car,it's worth it. Personally I wouldn't though.

·
Vendor
4,363 Posts
Swaping VIN plate is illegal.

Thanks to our members for speaking out against this hint about illegal activity. As an Association, the NECOA neither supports nor condones any type of illegal activity and, as a policy, any Thread which supports or condones illegal activity will be closed.......................Ken
Quote from Ken recently in a similar post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.