El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ran across a site selling stroker kits for 305s. makes it into a 335. being a noob engine guy, and wanting to stick with a tpi set up, will a tpi run on a 335? original plan was to pull a 305tpi out of my 92z28 and put in my 82 elky with an an old 305. any help would ne awesome

thanks,
dirdy

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I don't see why it wouldn't work. Does your Elky still have the computer? Might have slight problems if it does. Probably could get the chip flashed with the specs you need though. Wait for the guru's to pipe in.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the 305 that is in the elky now is carb'd, not real sure if it does have a cpu. was planning on trying out the cpu from the z28.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Pulling the cpu out of the z28 is probably smart. If it's not exact you can always get it flashed, but it would be closer to what you need than your original cpu.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my main deal is wanting a tad more power than a stock tpi 305 and being different. i know the usual reply, "pull that junk 305 and put a 350." everyone does that. just looking for something different. and its easier said than done, i know i will have a few run ins or snags, but thats the fun in it.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Hey Dirdyburd , whats the name of the site that sells the stroker kits ???

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
the 335 kits really wake up the 305 and would be happy with the tpi/you just need to move to the 350 injectors to avoid over lean condition. make sure you use flat top pistons

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
again, just a noob....the tpi hardware (plenum, runners, tb,) for a 305 are the same as a 350's, right? the only difference are as you said the injectors need to be upped to a 350 guessing the harness and cpu would stay the same?

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
yes the harness and ecm will be fine. the bases are the same. as far as i know they only made 3 bases.early intake,late intake and corvette

1 - 11 of 11 Posts