El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the TV show TRUCKS! I saw a very short video bite for what appeared to be a company that makes the old bullet-nose Studebaker bodies that fit on El Camino frames!
This afternoon, I mentioned it to the owner of the shop that's doing the majority of the work on my '71, because I thought maybe I'd been seeing things, but he said he'd seen the same thing.
The show is seen on TNN... or whatever it's called now, and the Saturday show usually runs again on Sundays... check it out!

·
Registered
314 Posts
yeah i saw that, it looked different, to say the least. :-D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,
The body you are referring to is the Studemino by Retro Trucks of Orlando FL. I saw this at the SEMA Spring Trade Show in Nashville a couple months ago. Pretty cool looking in person. They can be reached at (321) 276-3400. (P.S. I have no relationship to this company!)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, 1st Elky, I didn't get a very good look but I liked what I did see. I know where there's an available frame... maybe I'll start looking into it!?
Speaking of SEMA... our company is considering joining (auto detailing products, etc) perhaps I'll have a face-to-face with them next November. Again, my thanks.

·
Registered
225 Posts
i saw an ad for it in old car trader and wasn't very impressed. it would do an injustice to an el camino

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Y'know, I saw something in one of those trader-type magazines too... it was a 'Stude that some father and son had fabricated... it was (I think) aqua and purple, something like that, and I wasn't impressed either. I saw an ad for the company that makes the one I mentioned, they are in Orlando, FL, and it didn't look TOO bad. Not sure if I'd spend my hard earned $$ for one though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts