El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was standing around talking to the other bucketheads at our monthly T bucket club meeting yesterday, when a sudden thought occurred to me:

The first car I bought was a '41 Chevy in 1966. Bought it with my hard-earned beekeeper's assistant summer pay for $65.

The '86 El Camino I just bought is actually older today than that '41 was when I bought it. And a '71 El Camino would be the same age today as a 1923 Model T would have been back then.

Scary.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I wouldn't trade growing up in the early 60's to mid 70's for any time afterwards for the fun and crazyness aspect of those times. :beer:

·
Deputy Director Region 18 Participating Member
6,292 Posts
I wouldn't trade growing up in the early 60's to mid 70's for any time afterwards for the fun and crazyness aspect of those times. :beer:
...AMEN BROTHER...:beer::beer:

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
I was hatched in 1943. I wouldn't want to be growing up today. The world is a mess. My first ride was a 55. Ford 272. 3 speed. Paid $400 for it in 1960 as a 17 year old. I am happy to be old school!:secret:

·
ZERO MPG
15,367 Posts
I'd go back in a flash if I could and would never complain about how long it took to be 18 then 21 years old ever ever again.:neutral:

·
Registered
769 Posts
I was hatched in 1943. I wouldn't want to be growing up today. The world is a mess. My first ride was a 55. Ford 272. 3 speed. Paid $400 for it in 1960 as a 17 year old. I am happy to be old school!:secret:
First car I bought was in '65. A '57 Chevy Bel Air two tone. Black,white top,283 4 barrel and powerglide trans. $400 also ,sold it a year and a half later for the same amount after rebuiding the engine and throwing on a set of Hedmans. If we only knew. :banghead:

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
yup mine was a 63 impala ss 409,2 4 brrl ,aluminium headed 4 speed car.sold it for 300$.then a 67 gs 400.if we only kmew what they would have been worth to protect and save for today

·
VINTAGE MOTORHEAD
4,102 Posts
Evert time I tune nto a Barrett Jackson auction I am reminded how many nice cars I should have held onto. Of course, it would have been impossible to keep them all. The biggest mistake was selling the 67 Shelby GT 350 that I bought new on my birthday in 67 for the sum of $4250 ! BRG with two wide white racing stripes..289/306hp. Who knew? I saw one sell for $175,000 @ auction. Of course, it was absoluetly mint condition.

Ep the
m all

1 - 9 of 9 Posts