El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local car club I belong to (Blue Moon Cruisers) has the following Cruise schedule in Hummelstown, PA (2 miles West of Hershey) at the Soda Jerk Diner. It is always a good mix of cars - sometimes as many as 300 on a good day. Maybe one of these dates could work for a low key regional meet & greet.

For details and other events check out our web site at Blue Moon Cruisers Rod & Custom Assoc.

MONTHLY CRUISES at the The Soda Jerk Diner & Dairy Bar, 403 E. Main St. Hummelstown, PA

2004 Monthly Cruise Schedule

April 3 (1-4 pm)
May 1 (4-7 pm)
June 5 (4-7 pm)
July 3 (4-7 pm)
August 7 (4-7 pm)
September 4 (4-7 pm)
October 2 (4-7 pm)
November 6 (1-4 pm)

·
Registered
476 Posts
anybody out there?

I'd love to see if anyone is going to these shows. I've never done the cruise thing, but when I'm done with my ride, I think I'd like to go. Keep me posted.

·
Registered
476 Posts
how do I join?

How do I join this region thing? I live in Altoona. Also, what do I enter in the "media name" box when trying to upload a pic of my car?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Joining a Region

ElCaFreak - not too difficult to join. As you read this go to the top of the page and in the menu items listed horizontally across the top click on "Usergroups". At the next window that appears the second menu grouping is "Join a Group". There is a drop down menu list of all the groups you can join. I believe our group is Region No. 3. Highlight it then click on "View Information". That takes you to another window and from there you request membership by clicking on "Join Group". I believe you will get an instant confirmation that you joined.

Not the most intuitive process I have ever seen.

"There is no such thing as a dumb question - only dumb mistakes."

JB - Harrisburg

·
Registered
476 Posts
region 3

Hey, thanx guys! Now I'm somebody!!!(little excerpt from the movie the jerk) lmao
OK here we go. I'm 40, live in Altoona, Pa and own an '80 ElCamino. It was a dog when I got it 4 years ago. Had a dead 305 on V6 motor mounts, twisted front frame, and a horrific paint job. (I know, should have stopped there). Took 2 1/2 years to rebuild it, put bucket seats in it, a '69 vette 350(very strong) a suped up trans th350, '76 vette rally wheels, and painted it silver metallic with chevelle stripes painted on. Drove great for about a year, then had a fire last may. Burnt everything from the dash to the front bumper. (Second chance to let it go?) NOPE lmao not me. Had to have the engine rebuilt. Bored it out .030, because of the rust from the firman's water getting into the cylinders. Bigger pistons, bigger cam(don't have the specs in front of me), heads redone, polished and balanced. Rebuilt the carb, cleaned up the performer intake and painted the engine gold. All the front frame was cleaned, sanded, primed painted and sealed. The heater box was gone. Even the defroster channel under the dash was warped. Got pretty hot. Processed everything from the calipers to the motor mounts to the master cylinder. I didn't intend to go on and on but I'm very proud of the way it's turning out. All I have to do is figure out the wiring and I can get it started. I have pics of before and after the fire, if anybody is interested. Not sure what color I'm painting it. Between the silver or the color changing paint called "Ice".
ANYWAYS, thanks for letting me ramble, and for the welcome to your club.
My name's Doug by the way. Looking forward to talking to ya'll.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PA_82Elky said:
A local car club I belong to (Blue Moon Cruisers) has the following Cruise schedule in Hummelstown, PA (2 miles West of Hershey) at the Soda Jerk Diner. It is always a good mix of cars - sometimes as many as 300 on a good day. Maybe one of these dates could work for a low key regional meet & greet.

For details and other events check out our web site at Blue Moon Cruisers Rod & Custom Assoc.

MONTHLY CRUISES at the The Soda Jerk Diner & Dairy Bar, 403 E. Main St. Hummelstown, PA

2004 Monthly Cruise Schedule

April 3 (1-4 pm)
May 1 (4-7 pm)
June 5 (4-7 pm)
July 3 (4-7 pm)
August 7 (4-7 pm)
September 4 (4-7 pm)
October 2 (4-7 pm)
November 6 (1-4 pm)
Just wanted to bump this up and mention that our local car club - Blue Moon Cruisers had their monthly cruise in Hummelstown, PA today and we had about 250 cars show up. Four of them were Elkys - unfortunately I did not take mine as it went out of state inspection April 30 and I can't get it inspected until June 1 or I would have to do it twice within 4 months - long story.

Anyhow I just wanted to mention that our cruises are a good place to do a Meet & Greet. One guy from up near Palmyra is interested in starting a Central PA or regional El Camino Club. If anything progresses I will post info. He was not aware of El Camino Central so I tried to interest him in taking a look.

JB

·
Registered
476 Posts
meet n great

Hey, I should be ready for the July 3rd M&G. I'm hoping to have the paint on by June 5th. I'll send pics and see if ya'll want me to go. How many have ya'll been getting to show up? Let me know

·
Registered
19 Posts
In august I am doing the engine, so I hope to make it to the cruises in November. Maybe September, it depends on the dates because I am also going to the wildwood car show and the firemans convention. I have a 81 Elcamino. For my engine i am going to use the 350 ho base w/ an edelbrock performer rpm air gap for vortec heads, hollet chokeless 750 cfm double pump, aluminum radiator, and i am debating whether to go with all aluminum parts like the water pump and stuff or go with cast, also the holley black lable fuel pump, also my buddy is gettting me and new th350 with permance parts or atleast mild performance parts and a shift kit installed for less than $500 and the rear is getting done with a line-lok and 355 gears i think is what i chose. Getting all the performance done then i am getting the interior. also we are making it a floor shift with the B&M mega shifter and of course bucket seats. Wish i could keep the bench because i think it is more confortable. Also i already have the ass end up but kept the front how it was. The ass went up about 4 inches, it looks great. Most people keep the stock height or lower them. My buddy is telling me how to make it like the old hot rods so i am following him because its what i want. Soooo many things, yet so little money to do it all.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would really enjoy an El Camino get together, and Hershey isn't all that far away (Pgh area). How about considering something for Fall Meet Saturday evening Oct 9 or Sunday, Oct 10?? You might pull in rides from VERY far afield...

·
Registered
476 Posts
meet n greets

Yea, I'll be ready for any and all meets. I am SO proud of my car and the work I've done. It won't win any awards, but hey, I'm not in it for that. I can't wait to put some miles on it. Hershey is 2 hours east and Pittsburgh is 2 hours west. Keep me informed.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fall Hershey

Oct 6-9, 2004
AACA Eastern Division National Fall Meet Hosted by Hershey Region Hershey PA.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have been talking to one of the guys from Altoona PA. He said that everynight there is an elcamino cruise on the boulevard. I am going up there in August when mine is finished.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Is there any of you guys from Region 3 or Region 4 going to the 17th annual MidAtlantic Chevelle/El Camino Show ? [June 26 and 27th ]
Its open to all years of Elkys. They place all 73 to 87 Elkys and Chevelles together as late models to be judged and the earlier years are placed in there classes which to be judged.
Check the event calander on the home page for more info.I believe PA 82Elky put some info about it in there.I will be going if I get the Elky back in time from the body/paint shop.Nothing serious,just getting the inside of the bed going over and getting rid of the bed linner.BTW I'm painting it the same as the outside.
Northeast MD is between Aberdeen and Elkton Md right close to I 95 for the ones that aren't familiar with the area.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Drive-In cruise

I left a message in the events section, but there will be a cruise for all cars at NJ's only drive-in in October, I'm not sure exactly what day it is buut I will let you know.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts