El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are just some ideas I thought of while thinking back about the past Belton Show ... 1) I noticed the number calling was tooooo long and drawn out , Soooo how about using a 3 X 3 or 4 X 4 white board and tri-pod stand OR hang somewhere where easy to read , use ERASEABLE INK & a rag , have one person draw numbers and the other person write the numbers on the board SO everybody can check their own numbers ( ITS THEIR RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK ) and wipe the numbers when somebody wins ... every hour new numbers are drawn and put on the board in place of the winning numbers. 2) no more than TWO people cooking Tube Steaks , have a two card tables with paper table cloth side - by - side to make an assembly line , SO people can grab a weiner boat , put their mustard , mayo , relish etc. on their dogs and MOVE - ON , no milling around AND move the BBQ pit away from the crowd , because theirs no room to cook when theirs people JUST MILLING AROUND in the way. 3) I noticed that around noon time & during the number calling , people ARE BORED & tired of the numbers , SOOO how about having a Tech Session Q/A during that time with some of the Older Experienced Wrench Heads answering questions about some of the head-ache problems we all have with our Camino's . 4) How about an Award / Trophy for the Ugly-Duckling Camino like last year ??? OR for the Best Primer Paint Job 5) An Award Appreciation for the Girls in the Club helping the club , for racing or for having tuff times with their car . 6) Put down the Posting Name & Real name during registration & during the Awards how about calling out the POSTING NAMES & REAL NAMES TOGETHER , because I hardely know anybody by their REAL NAMES ??? 7) We need a person at a table with the Bank to put all the donations in & make change if need be to help keep track of the monies taken in ...... Again these are just some ideas to think about ..... I'm tired of thinking , I'M ALL THUNKED OUT .... Thanks the Geezer :nanawrench:

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I like the idea of the "Farthest drive" award too. Several of the shows around here do that.

Copper

·
Premium Member
12,547 Posts
Be thinking about improvement ideas for the track too. I have a few but I'll listen to any!!
Donny

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
Great ideas geezer. You sure thunk alot.
Donny I got a few ideas for the track as well:beer:

·
0 Posts
How about a daily driver award instead of project class?
Online participation award?
Do we have enough money to purchase a huge cooler and cases of FREE WATER?
As Belton will be bigger next year,how about free ECC window stickers?
A KEN ROGERS AWARD?
All these are thoughts...:dontknow:

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
There could ba a annual busted knuckle award added ...
A best project in the works( lumpy).... cheers:beer:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I would have liked to see someone selling soft drinks (or providing them for donations). I just about died of thirst.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Belton Show 2013

Guys,
This was my 3rd Belton event, and by far the best. Many of Richards' suggestions are great if we can get enough volunteers to help, that's always a problem, just ask Ken & co. I also like the farthest driver in an Elky award.
Heaven forbid that I offer any sympathy to the 5th gen guys out there but, it seemed to me they had about twice as many entries as everyone else combined. Maybe we could figure out some way to split their group up into two classes so there would be more opportunities for that group to get recognition. Not being even vaguely familiar with 5th gen, someone else will have to figure that out.
I want to take this opportunity to thank again all the folks who put this show on for us. :You_Rock:
Looking forward to next year.
bill

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
It was a Great SHOW!! All car shows seem to have little snags. The only snag I saw was there was way to many gifts to give away in the few hours we had, That to me was a good thing, If you didn't win something then you probably were not listening. I was amazed at the the prizes we had. A big thanks to all who had a hand in it.

I hope to get more involve next year, I might be able to help out with the water or something. So when the time comes for volunteers count me in.

It was alot of fun thank you to all involved for making it happen. I can't wait until next year. :You_Rock:

Bud

·
Registered
478 Posts
One thing me and the wife noticed....the classes . We had 90% of the entrants were 5th gen 78-87. Ayway change up how this large group of rides gets judged? Just a thought. We need to pull all these ideas together and have a meeting somewhere and brainstorm on all of them that come through. I've got a couple more that I'll share later.

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
In addition to the suggestions I've sent to the region directors, I too agree we really need to address ideas for providing water and/or soft drinks next year.

The beauty of having this event occurring yearly, is we'll be able to make each year run a little smoother, and be better each year. :beer:

·
Banned
5,787 Posts
And as far as the drag strip...
I aint turning a wrench:secret: on it I promise....:nanawrench::beer:

·
0 Posts
In addition to the suggestions I've sent to the region directors, I too agree we really need to address ideas for providing water and/or soft drinks next year.

The beauty of having this event occurring yearly, is we'll be able to make each year run a little smoother, and be better each year. :beer:
That'll stop me from hitting up your cooler.:poke:
I'm surprised the idea of drinks didn't come up with the grilling...:dontknow:

·
Past Texas Director
6,185 Posts
It never crossed my mind to ask about drinks until we got there and had people asking for them. Glad we filled our cooler!! I just wish we'd brought MORE so nobody would've had to go thirsty.

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Well, water was a thought I also had. I guess great minds run in unison!!! We will need some people to bring ice chests to put the water in, and ice will have to be bought. Water, at HEB, is about $2.80 a case. I will furnish funds for 10 cases, and bring my monster cooler. That's 240 bottles of water. If some people bring their own water, that should be enough. I have no idea what ice costs, haven't bought any in quite some time. Also, I have a much bigger BBQ grill (Weber) that I can bring. Keeps the worthless kids (brats) further from the fire and will cook more evenly.

NOW, I have a question: What use are the registration fees applied to? I would assume that there is a cost to reserve the park, so is that the use? And, the cost of the trophies, which I'm sure aren't all that cheap. Anything I'm missing??

It was a great event, and a very good time. I know it totally wore me out, but then, six year old kids do tire easily!!!!:smileyb::poke:

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,539 Posts
NOW, I have a question: What use are the registration fees applied to? I would assume that there is a cost to reserve the park, so is that the use? And, the cost of the trophies, which I'm sure aren't all that cheap. Anything I'm missing??

It was a great event, and a very good time. I know it totally wore me out, but then, six year old kids do tire easily!!!!:smileyb::poke:

You pretty much nailed it: park reservation fee & deposit, and trophies. Adding in other incidentals such as food, supplies, etc. We had almost $1,000 of expenses. However, we do have a surplus, which will be used to help fund next year's show.

·
0 Posts
You pretty much nailed it: park reservation fee & deposit, and trophies. Adding in other incidentals such as food, supplies, etc. We had almost $1,000 of expenses. However, we do have a surplus, which will be used to help fund next year's show.
Keyword>>>>SURPLUS. As this event grows,are we going to have enough parking?
Maybe offer burgers and chips next year?
Or even have the lady with the ice cream truck could stand in?(oops,forgot! NO SALES!)

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Ideas are welcomed!!!

Please keep those ideas for improvements coming in - they are very much appreciated. I personally will not rest until Belton is the best, Must-go-to-event in the Country, and those ideas from the attendees are what's going to make it that!...................Ken :beer:

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,539 Posts
...As this event grows,are we going to have enough parking?...
Eventually, we will outgrow Confederate Park, and we'll have to seek a larger venue. It's a problem I look forward to having. At the current rate of growth, we will probably have to start looking for a larger place for '14 or '15.

·
0 Posts
Maybe a popcorn machine or snow cone machine?:dontknow:
Anyone have either of these?

1 - 20 of 152 Posts