El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, ideally, this summer I will be doing some extensive work to my 75 el camino. :2gunsfiring:

I'm looking to replace the dash with a lightweight aluminum dashboard I bought from SW race cars. This means eliminating my current gauges, and going with an electronic cluster from Jegs (with a GPS speedo, I might add :hail:). Replacing the cluster is a great opportunity for running a new harness in the cab, and replacing those old vacuum fuses with something a bit more modern.

I am also planning to add a roll cage (also from SW race cars). With the roll cage comes the elimination of my bench seat, and the addition of buckets.

I've already moved away from the column shift to a floor mounted b&m ratchet shift (which is ****ing awesome, btw).

There anything I'm missing here that y'all think I should take notice of? Suggestions on comfortable but lightweight buckets are appreciated!

H

·
0 Posts
Good luck with that buddy! Keep us all updated with pics! Because :nopic:

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well well!

Turns out that I wasn't able to get any of this started yet. My el camino has been having some troubles, so instead I'm going to be doing a full rewire starting in a couple of weeks. I'll try to document for y'all as well as I can. :banghead:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts