El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
https://www.atlantamotorspeedway.com/events/motorama/

Early Registration is open for the Summit Racing Motorama at Atlanta Motor Speedway (AMS) in Hampton GA the Weekend of April 27 & 28, 2019.

We would like this to be Region 7's annual Premier Event. This will be our 2nd Annual Get together at Motorama.

We would love to make a great showing and have a shot at the $500 Cash Award to the Club with the most Cars on Display in there designated area at 11:00 AM on April 28.
There are 200 Awards available at the show. as well as other awards. You will also be entered in the Super Prize Giveaway. Last Year the Superprize was a really great Crate Engine.
Print and complete the Form and mail it to me before March 15, and your check (or payment through PayPal to my email address.) at 4538 Creekwood Cir NW, Kennesaw, GA 30152

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
AMS Motorama April 2019. Now's the time to register.

https://www.atlantamotorspeedway.com/events/motorama/
Early Registration is open for the Summit Racing Motorama at Atlanta Motor Speedway (AMS) in Hampton GA the Weekend of April 27&28, 2019.

We would like this to be Region 7's annual Premier Event. This will be our 2nd Annual Get together at Motorama.

We would love to make a great showing and have a shot at the $500 Cash Award to the Club with the most Cars on Display in there designated area at 11:00 AM on April 28.
There are 200 Awards available at the show. as well as other awards. You will also be entered in the Super Prize Giveaway. Last Year the Superprize was a really great Crate Engine.
Print and complete the Form and mail it to me before March 15, and your check (or payment through PayPal to my email address.) at 4538 Creekwood Cir NW, Kennesaw, GA 30152

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kyvEVvMMgIW-G4vaqDJhPoCuLkbn-WwL

We need at least 6 registrations to pre register for this event. The earlier we register the better our chances of receiving a Primo parking area.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Count me in Richard, As my registration form and check is in the mail and on its way.

Looking forward to retrieving my Elky from storage, giving her a good clean and polish, and driving with the group south to the ATL Motorama in April!
Dale
1fine70

·
Registered
1 Posts
Richard,

I'm planning on attending (at least Saturday)
I will drop the check in the mail today

thank you for heading this up

·
Registered
10 Posts
Richard, I put the registration form and check in the mail today. Now I just need to remember to leave the autocross by 10:30 so I can be with you guys before the head count.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Summit Motorama parking

We need at least 6 registrations to pre register for this event. The earlier we register the better our chances of receiving a Primo parking area.
It looks like I am going to be able to go. Is their a spot reserved for your group? If so do you know where?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I registered back in March with Tuney-GA. I received the tickets in the mail a few weeks ago. Looks like the weather is going to be pleasant. Planning to bring my chair and an umbrella (for sun) but Tuney-GA says there will be a pop-up canopy or two in our group. Looking forward to meeting everyone and taking in all the sights. Are we expecting 6 or more vehicles?

On Saturday, I'm planning to be at the hotel by 7:45 and drive with the group to AMS. I plan to be there Sunday morning too but cannot stay all day. I hope there's a way to exit the field by mid-afternoon.

A friend said our '66 El Camino is a 20-20 car - looks good from 20 feet, going by at 20 MPH. Maybe this show will inspire me to do some repairs - last paint job was over 30 years ago!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I didn't take any pictures so you'll have to believe what I say... This is one fabulous show! Cars, trucks and customs galore. Almost anything and everything you can imagine. And the NECOA members are great.

After getting set up in our NECOA display area I decided to watch the autocross for a few minutes. Then I realized some of the drivers were taking riders along with them. So... I waited in line for 20 minutes to take a passenger seat ride in an autocross car - a 1972 tricked out Camaro - and it was amazing. The driver said it would be intense and oh boy was it ever! The course was tight, we stayed in first gear the entire time but went from slow to fast and everywhere in between. The driver's right foot would floor the accelerator, then jab the brake and turn the wheel and around the corner we would go and then floor the gas pedal again. I think we ended up rounding the course in just under 54 seconds. I think the best time I saw all day was 52 seconds. Most of the daily driver vehicles were rounding the course in about 60 - 65 seconds. It was exhilarating to say the least.

Lots of other things to see and do. Almost anything that has wheels, some are even non-motorized (think soap box derby) but if it has wheels, it's represented. Vintage trailers and motorhomes too. It's just amazing.

If you're within a days drive or so of Motorama you should consider adding this event to your list of cool things to do.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Woo-Hoo! That was a great show. I can't even begin to describe all the vehicles, people and fun! I've included one picture showing a portion of the El Caminos in attendance. It's quite the show with something for everyone. I've already put it on our calendar for 2020 - the last weekend of April.

Thanks to Tuney-GA for organizing this event. I think there were 10 (maybe more) El Caminos that showed up to represent NECOA. Had a great time and looking forward to seeing everyone again sometime.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
I enjoyed meeting with everyone. Great show. If I didn't have such a long drive home I would have attended Sunday.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts