El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know if anyone tired this before but im putting sunpro guages on my elco. has anyone tired this before.. and model do i need and any adapters? or sensors ect....

·
Registered
157 Posts
I just picked up a set of 3 sunpros off of Ebay.
If you buy them new they should come with all of the hardware to bolt up, especially since small blocks are one of the most widely made engines ever (I presume you have a smally).
Either way, everything should screw right in. If you buy it new, all the sending units and lines come with. If for some reason a sending unit wont screw into your engine, for instance the temp sending units threads are too small/big, summit racing carries all the adapters you could need for this.

Hardest parts routing the lines through the firewall and hooking up the backlights

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,775 Posts
On the sunpro gauges, I think they need a sending unit for there fuel gauge ?
I didn't need a new onefor the Auto Meter gauges. The Fuel gauge I got was the correct ohms for the Camino fuel sending unit !!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm i took off alll the cables connected to the cluster chop them off all the way to the firewall no cables. so i can connect this guages straight to the engine?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts