El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of what are called T-Tops according to the info on the center divider between the two plates and I'm wondering if anyone else has seen a set of these before. It looks like a replacement/alternative to the sun roof, but they're interesting to me all the same. It's too dark here now to post a good picture of the inside with the dome light between the panels, but I'll add another picture tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I've seen those before but it has been quite a while ago.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Do the panels come out or just pop up? I like fresh air while driving. My 78 King Cobra had t-tops and I loved them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They're removable, but the center pillar isn't. Obviously, each half can be opened independently. I'll post a picture of them in the open and removed position tomorrow.

For a car with no AC, air flow is crucial.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Soooo 80's

Whoa!!!

That is SO Eighties

I almost put one in my '87 - in '88!

Couldnt afford the Flux Capacitor. Wa haha :twisted:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Here are two more pictures of the setup. It's neat to have, but not something I would have done myself. Though, as bare-bones as my El Camino is, some minor extras are nice.

This joke is the bane of my existence as a DeLorean owner and the #1 reason I debate selling the cars.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Here are two more pictures of the setup. It's neat to have, but not something I would have done myself. Though, as bare-bones as my El Camino is, some minor extras are nice.

This joke is the bane of my existence as a DeLorean owner and the #1 reason I debate selling the cars.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts