El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have a sunroof in their car? I have the original build sheet and it says nothing about a sunroof and I'm fairly certain it's not a factory option. Is it a dealer option maybe? It looks good and the quality is great, doesn't leak or anything and it's a kind of one way mirror glass. Any ideas as to where this may have come from or brands or stuff like that?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I've heard they may have been dealer-installed on some 5th gens, but idk.

·
Registered
757 Posts
I have one. Dont have a build sheet but it looks good. Does have a slight leak but I believe its cause its missing a hinge screw:lol:

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
yes i have a sun/moon roof

my 79 el camino has a sun/moon roof - i ordered my dealers invoice and found out it was ordered as a super sport with the Z16 option for royal knight. i traded for mine and the owner before me put it in himself - not a very good installation - so im having it redone along with the headliner - yes i think its cool and people like it when they see it. looked on gm heritage and there is no option but a dealer can install one without ordering it from gm - thanks and enjoy your elky geno

82nd airborne:patriot:beers and hot wings make everything better:beer:

1979 el camino ss

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Have one in my '84 donor. I have no build sheet for that car but no matter, I don't believe they were a factory option.

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Just a thought

When it comes to sunroofs, if it was not offered as a manufactures option, don't put it in! You sacrifice the roofs strength incase of roll over. Just my thought.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When it comes to sunroofs, if it was not offered as a manufactures option, don't put it in! You sacrifice the roofs strength incase of roll over. Just my thought.
I'm leaning towards it being dealer installed because of the quality and the fact that after 15 years of being parked it still does not leak

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Mine was put in when it got sent from the dealer to become a Choo Choo at CCC. It was leaking a little when I got it. I found a guy on the web I think he was called the Sunroof Doctor that had all the parts for it. No more leaks.
Ang.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts