El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Senior Member Participating Member
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a GREAT GROUP of El Camino Owners!!!!
Tootie and I had a very Good time.
Good Burgers and friends!!!!!!
Plus the CARS we're Outstanding.Congrat's to all the winners.cj:beer:

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
Its always a great get together when C. J. and Tootie are in the mix! Hope all others traveling home today had a good trip and that our member, or members, involved in the accident leaving the track on Sunday get all fixed as good as new.

I'm having leftovers for dinner this evening...lol

:beer:

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - 2013 Founders' Award Re
3,672 Posts
Nice to CJ up and around and doing well, T thanks for the conversations. Randy great job and I could use some left overs after driving home, I guess I will have to settle for the thought!!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Its always a great get together when C. J. and Tootie are in the mix! Hope all others traveling home today had a good trip and that our member, or members, involved in the accident leaving the track on Sunday get all fixed as good as new.

I'm having leftovers for dinner this evening...lol

:beer:
What happened leaving the track?

BTW thanks to everyone for a great time, Randy for the food CJ for the burger flipping, and a GREAT BIG THANKS to Mingon and Tootie for including Sam in their city tour. She had a great time.

·
6,209 Posts
The young man who won outstanding street rear ended a car at an intersection turn lane and had some bad front end damage. If it was driven from further back the IROC replica may have been involved too. I thought he was just pulled over. Others said he was involved. FD was on the scene and everyone was out of the vehicles walking around. The traffic situation would not allow me to pull over and check.

·
6,209 Posts
Gold and black. He won outstanding in street division. The others said that they thought the IROC pace car replica was involved too. I'm not sure on that but he was pulled over there too.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
1,630 Posts
Josh

Gold and black. He won outstanding in street division. The others said that they thought the IROC pace car replica was involved too. I'm not sure on that but he was pulled over there too.
That was Josh that wrecked the car, he just had it painted about a month ago, the IROC belongs to Roger he is a friend of Josh and was not involved in the accident, Roger is the one that drove a '57 Belair to the show last year and parked with us.

Great seeing the bunch again!

·
6,209 Posts
As best as I could observe everyone was out of the cars and walking around. FD was on the scene and transport units were heading on towards the track for the racer who wrecked there just before we left.

·
IROC-S Pace Car #001
675 Posts
has anybody heard more about josh and car? was he the only one wrecked? anybody hurt? how bad is the car?
Josh is fine. Two 2010+ Camaros were also involved. I believe he needs new front fenders, hood, and nose. Im not sure if any mechanics were damaged, but there was no frame damage.

·
IROC-S Pace Car #001
675 Posts
i knew he had family with him so i'm glad none of them were hurt - a shame about the car though, it was pretty.
It is very pretty...his Elky is the nicest Conquista ive seen. When I rebuild my '83 Super Sport over the next few years I want to set my ride height exactly as his is. I also like how he blacked out the inside of his grill...it's sort of reminiscent of the 1970 SS blacked out grill. The place that painted his Conquista painted the bed on my '99 F-250 last year...they do an excellent job and will get it back up and running soon. Atlantic Coast Collision in Margate if anyone needs an excellent painter in South FL.

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,609 Posts
I`m very sorry to hear that Josh`s Conquesta was damaged leaving Super Chevy . Josh also joined up with us last year at the SS show and that new gold colored paint job really looked nice . Glad he and no one else was hurt and wish him the best in getting it repaired . Does anyone know what his plans are ?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts