El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Here's something i saw on g-body.org about the GNX suspension setup for different g-bodies.

GNX suspension

camino81

·
Registered
314 Posts
$700 bucks seems like quite a bit of money for the stuff they give you.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
I think I saw same kit at Dixie Monte Carlo Depot for $629 minus your discount. I guess if you don't have the complete F41 suspension package and you want one, this wouldn't be a bad way to go. On the other hand, you can find jounce bars and front and rear sway bars on Ebay all the time a lot cheaper. I looked at the GNX rear suspension package, I found a company that sells the complete package uninstalled for get this, $2000 (no rearend). I just wanted the crossmember they make for it (similar to the G-force but mounts frame rail to frame rail just ahead of rear axle) I wanted it for a ladder bar setup and to help strenghten the rear. I e-mailed them, and asked how much they wanted for the just the crossmember. They refuse to sell me just the crossmember...said I would have to buy the whole package. Thanks "KIRBAN PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS of Plumsteadville PA"...you rip offs! I'll fabricate my own. Hope they read this. :mad:

·
Banned
881 Posts
theelcaminofactory said:
I think I saw same kit at Dixie Monte Carlo Depot for $629 minus your discount. I guess if you don't have the complete F41 suspension package and you want one, this wouldn't be a bad way to go.
That price is unbelivable. Anyone who spends that much money for those parts is either nuts or has way too much money to waste. When 5th Generation El Caminos were being sold, the F41 option was only $50 extra. :-D

:mrgreen:

·
Banned
881 Posts
CHVYPWR said:
...check out the for sale forum at www.montecarloss.com
Thank goodness for the 4th generation MCSS. If it wasen't for the interchangability of Elky and MCSS parts there wouldn't be much else to do except pay exorbitant prices for aftermarket stuff.

Another alternative is 3rd generation F-body parts too. The 36mm Fireturd Formula hollow front sway bar fits fifth genenation Elkys too.

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
87ElCamino said:
Another alternative is 3rd generation F-body parts too. The 36mm Fireturd Formula hollow front sway bar fits fifth genenation Elkys too.
Thats where I got my steering box, of a 3rd gen Camaro, the quick ratio "Z" box. I also have the camaro door handles on my Elky 8) .

·
1,867 Posts
A friend of mine totalled his Monte Carlo SS so before the insurance company got it we took all the braces & sway bars to put on my EC. They made a big difference in handling & stability.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts