El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never organized a swap meet before & ANY suggestions will be appreciated.
There should be plenty of room for a swap meet area !
I thought that the part can be tagged with your name & How much you want for it & put the parts in a area that somebody could keep a eye out on them ?
Maybe somebody can volunteer (maybe the wife's if they don't like watching racing?) &/or We can take turns minding the store during this all day event ?
Don't know if you want to have the parts in the back of your ride & you deal with it ?
Don't know if someone will walk away with parts without paying ?
There should be alot of people walking thru the area checking out our rides since the Summit E.T. series will be running too !!
This should be a great location to get some parts up north from the south & vice versa !! Maybe on some parts, They can give them to another member to deliver to another ?
So Any suggestions will be appreciated. :beer:
Thanks!
Steve

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
That sounds like a good idea Steve.

I like the label your parts and take turns minding the 'store' plan.

I've got some stuff to bring.

Will we need some tables for the small stuff?

·
Deputy Director, Region 1
2,566 Posts
I think you'd be better off setting up tables or even laying some of it out on the ground. You really don't want anyone hanging all over your ride and rummaging through stuff. Especially with big belt buckles and wallet chains and more keys than the wardon hanging off their belts.
Just be sure whoever you leave in charge knows how low to go before saying no. It's really annoying when you see a part you want but the person there doesn't know how much it is or isn't allowed to negotiate.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
So maybe have some colored stick-on dots or something that we can assign a number to as to whos it is and everyone can provide a list with corresponding number of their parts with hoped for price and bottom dollar price.

I will make up the parts list sheets and post them here so everyone can print and make their list if thats the way you want to go.

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
It is good to get this part of the prep started and things can be tweeked as the 14th and 15th of September get closer. Don't forget to start gathering confirmations around 8/1...Like :

Name: Y/N Friday dinner and # Saturday at Track Bringing swap parts?

rtatwk Y Y-2 Y M (maybe)

Whether or not anyone wants to run the strip on Saturday can be lined out then. This was a good :bump: for the thread! I can't stop telling people how great I think this meet may turn out to be!

:beer:

·
Registered
4,136 Posts

rtatwk Y Y-2 Y M (maybe)
69 SS396 N N-0 Y Y

I've tried twice to line them up and it wont work for me either.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think you'd be better off setting up tables or even laying some of it out on the ground. You really don't want anyone hanging all over your ride and rummaging through stuff. Especially with big belt buckles and wallet chains and more keys than the wardon hanging off their belts.
Just be sure whoever you leave in charge knows how low to go before saying no. It's really annoying when you see a part you want but the person there doesn't know how much it is or isn't allowed to negotiate.
If the person wants to deal with the owner of the parts, We can find him/her & tell them to come to the swap meet area if he/she wants to sell their stuff ?
Something like that !

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is good to get this part of the prep started and things can be tweeked as the 14th and 15th of September get closer. Don't forget to start gathering confirmations around 8/1...Like :

rtatwk Y Y-2 Y M (maybe)

Whether or not anyone wants to run the strip on Saturday can be lined out then. This was a good :bump: for the thread! I can't stop telling people how great I think this meet may turn out to be!

Thanks Randy !! :beer:
I'm just trying to get stuff organized while I can. This is my busy season with Apt turnovers & getting ready for a new batch of tenants moving in & getting ready for school (UF) in Aug !

Also I'm trying to have a cookout (hot dogs/brats) for the members to enjoy !!
Will get more info on that at a later date !!

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - Supporting Member
6,209 Posts
Keep me posted on the cookout thing Steve. I'll take part in that for sure!

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
Ok, we'll see if this attatches.

Tell me what you think. My thoughts is a number on the upper left for quick reference and name on upper right.

Everyone can download and print at home and fill out with swap meet parts info and a number can be assigned, written in upper left and also put on parts with high asking price.

Another thought, add cell phone # so owner can be called???????????????????????

Attachments

·
Director Region 6 (FL) - 2017 Founders' Award Reci
4,609 Posts
Steve , This is a good idea and it seems to me that a number of attendees have some parts or memorabilia to sell or trade . Maybe also have a cell phone # on the item so if the potential buyers wants to ask a question or talk directly with the owner , they are only a phone call away ; while , the owner can be out enjoying the event . :You_Rock:

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like the form Sean !
How about something like this ?
Each person fills out Sean's form & put there parts on tarps (blankets ?) & put a number/letter on it for identification & have the identification noted on the form !
Then we can have a clip board & put all the forms together & The person minding the store will have it.
So if somebody asks about a part, They can look at the forms & see if it's listed, They tell the person what tarp to go to & the person to see !
The place is big but not that big that somebody can find them in a few minutes &/or Have their cell number to call, But sometimes it's hard to hear a cell phone ! & they can come deal with the buyer ! or be set on your list price ! Then when a part is sold & marked off !
And when a person sees a part they want, They can tell us what tarp number/letter it is & we can tell them Who's parts those are & get them in contact ?
Then when the person selling is ready to leave ,They can collect the money & leave ?:dontknow:

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
I would suggest that some of the racers bring their titles with them. Donny is already practicing blowing up his big block, just stick a "for sale cheap" sign in the window and let someone else trailer it to their house.

:poke:

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Keep me posted on the cookout thing Steve. I'll take part in that for sure!

Randy,
I don't know what y'all do at shows for cooking ? Please let me know if y'all have a routine ! But I want to have dogs & brats !
If somebody is coming that has a nice portable grill & want's to do the cooking, or we take turns cooking,
Maybe other members can bring food & they can cook their own food, while the grill is hot ?
It's going to be a long day for those that want it to be! The Gates open at 11 & they said they race till about 10pm !
I'm going to have a area set-up for the cooking, parking for the other vehicles outside the gate in the big field & That will be just for the MEMBERS ! So we can eat,
I do have some goodies to do a raffle drawing ! We can gather there as members arrive !
We can do all that outside the gate ( not to far to walk from the gate )
I thought to serve the dogs around 10 till 12 ? Get some food, Gates open & go to the VIP section to park, Get setup to watch,race,sell, or
Just do a big burnout in the water box & cruise down the track !
Maybe can serve more food later in the day ?
They do have a full concession stands there ! ( Nitro Grill)
I will be at the track early, To great the members as they arrive, I know some will get there early !
So any suggestions on this is appreciated ! :beer:

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
I want to race and I'll bring my title.

I aint racing for pinks though so bring a wheelbarrow full of cash.:poke:

Win or lose you get the title I get the wheelbarrow.

Steve, thats exactly where i was going with that. Blankets or tarps is a good idea also.

Just a reminder (to myself especially) clean shiny parts sell quicker and for more money.

·
Deputy Director Region 6
8,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ill race my 305 with a 305.. :) or maybe a 350ci.. I dont want to run with BBC's
Mr. Nasty
You can race for a trophy & money ( based on your 2 qualifying runs) ( bracket racing ) or run just for the fun of it !!
:driving:

1 - 20 of 115 Posts