El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im trying to change my mirrors i got the metals some one's im trying to get the 87 1's do i have to change my whole doors? any1 help?

·
Deputy Director Region 6
9,314 Posts
The 86-87 mirrors are in a different location then the 78-85. Make new holes for them & fill in the old holes !!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cause my elco is a 1980 can i get 83 mirrors without makin holes i just dont want the metal ones?

·
Deputy Director Region 6
9,314 Posts
Sorry I can't answer for sure ! I don't know if the have the same mount on the metal ones compared to the 78-85 sport mirror ? Somebody else will have to answer it for you !! :dontknow:

·
Deputy Director Region 6
9,314 Posts
Do you have the other mirrors yet to compare the mounts ?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no not yet im plannin to buy them off a junk yard or ebay thats why im asking before im buying them:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
the 86 /87 mirrors are different and in a differant location. you can move them but 86/87 doors are different, the 85 and older doors dont have the mirror support brace in the spot for the newer mirrors and when you tighten them down they buckle the doors.stick with the 85 and older mirrors for the easiest install

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
depending on what mirrors you now have.if you have the crome ones you may need to make the hole for the sport mirror cable

·
Deputy Director Region 6
9,314 Posts
Here is a pic of the 78-85 mirror & see if the mount looks like the one you have ??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts