El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I got a 82 Elky with dummy lights and no clock and I found a 79 with gauges and a clock I want to swap. I know I will need new motor sensors but is the rest a straight swap or will I have to rewire the dash. I really need the gauges since I just dropped in a 383 dont want to risk messing it up over a light. thanks Corey.

·
Premium Member
2,927 Posts
instrument cluster swap

Hi Corey -- Welcome to NECOA/ECC! Yes you can do the swap easily. There are a number of prior posts on this topic under the "Forums" icon at the top of our home page here. Click on this, and go down to Electrical, and scroll through the list of topics and you will find discussions under headings like: clusters, gauges, printed circuit, etc. More info there than you can digest in one night, so dive right into it. If this doesn't answer all of your questions, then come back and make a new specific post about any problems you are encountering, and wait for help to come in a flash from someone who has already done it.
Have fun!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks alot I will do that I apprecite the help.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I have been ingesting and reading many posts on the subject. Let me see if I got this correct. If I swap the whole gauge pod with circut board attached then it is a straight swap no rewiring. If I change my center dummy lights out for gauges I will need the circut board the gauges wont work with dummy light circut boards? I dont care bout the tach I just want gauges instead of lights. I got my eyes on a gauge insert or a whole gauge pod and would like to know what kind of work am I looking at. thanks. Corey

1 - 4 of 4 Posts