El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i had her on the lift the other day and noticed the rubber bushings were worn and the links looked old. ive noted ive been getting a bunch of body roll and a bit loose upfront....

do you think a new set of sway bar links will fix that or should just put a new sway bar up front?

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Hey Cory, welcome to the forum. Installing new links and bushings on the front sway bar is a breeze. Spray the bolts real well with the penetrant of your choice. I use PB Blaster. I like it better than WD-40. The hardest part for me was getting the bolts out of the bushing mount. Just don't get in a hurry and shear a bolt off. You will notice a little better handling immediatly. I recommend polyurathane links and bushings. Also, if you don't have a rear sway bar, check into getting one. That was the one upgrade that paid off instantly. There are a lot of stiffener bars that came with the F41 suspension package that you might want to start gathering. http://www.elcaminocentral.com/archive/index.php/t-46942.html
Here's a link to help you get started. If your not sure of what something is, use the search bar and type in the word. there is alot of info out there. Lets us know if you have any questions.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im not quite sure which suspension package i have, but i do have adjustable air ride shocks in the back. i know there is a rear sway bar (im guessing stock)

Im doing the links here in a few mins. after having a second look the bushing look terrible. i did get polyurethane bushings.

i want to get her to handle nice before dropping the GN motor in

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
the sway bar bushings are by bar size so measure yours. use the urathane ones they will last 10 times as long as rubber ones and the same goes for the end links

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
im not quite sure which suspension package i have, but i do have adjustable air ride shocks in the back. i know there is a rear sway bar (im guessing stock)

Im doing the links here in a few mins. after having a second look the bushing look terrible. i did get polyurethane bushings.

i want to get her to handle nice before dropping the GN motor in

BTW.. air shocks are standard on the elkys...

·
Registered
11,510 Posts
as far as the various stiffening bars go, you can do a search on here, Matty once told me the size of the bars (diameter). Or just find a pic of each set of bars to see where they attach, then make your own from tubing. is pretty easy actually, I made mine out of stainless steel tubing! :inlove: (shiny things! shiny things!)

here's how!

http://s1028.photobucket.com/albums/y342/goofuslives/braces/

:nanawrench: :nanawrench: :nanawrench:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts