El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
up for sale i have a wc t5 manual trans in good working order out of a 87 camaro,i decided to go with a t56:cool2:included in sale will be,trans,shifter,shifter floor/trans tunnel boot,bellhousing,cutch fork,steel braided hydraulic slave cylinder w/resavoir(94 camaro)and homemade pedal assembly,(88 camaro)lengthened and welded using a stock(gbody pedal/hanger) and made to fit a gbody/elco.all you will need for the swap is cutch assembly,flywheel,crossmember(or fab your stock one)and your driveshaft shortened.800.00 shipped.pics avail for PAYPAL READY BUYERS!pm me if interested.

·
Registered
18 Posts
up for sale i have a wc t5 manual trans in good working order out of a 87 camaro,i decided to go with a t56:cool2:included in sale will be,trans,shifter,shifter floor/trans tunnel boot,bellhousing,cutch fork,steel braided hydraulic slave cylinder w/resavoir(94 camaro)and homemade pedal assembly,(88 camaro)lengthened and welded using a stock(gbody pedal/hanger) and made to fit a gbody/elco.all you will need for the swap is cutch assembly,flywheel,crossmember(or fab your stock one)and your driveshaft shortened.800.00 shipped.pics avail for PAYPAL READY BUYERS!pm me if interested.
It's this still available?

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Ok sorry. new to this. still looking for info and parts to 5 speed swap any help is greatly appreciated.
I'm pretty sure I have a trans/bell/pedal assm. around here, going through my stuff now getting ready for swap meet season...lmk

·
Registered
265 Posts
Looks like you already have a stick shift model vehicle. I did a v6/3spd swap to a v8/5spd in my Caballero about 2-1/2 years ago. I got my t5 from a '92 S10 pickup at the wrecking yard. I used my old bellhousing, flywheel, clutch, and pressure plate. It is set up as a linkage activated clutch rather than hydraulic.
A note: there are three different positions for the shift handle depending on the donor vehicle. I was unaware of that when I did my swap. I had to cut and move the hole for the shifter to top center, and forward about 1-3/4". This also meant that I had to bend the shifter to avoid banging the dashboard when changing gears.
Rumor is that if you get a t5 from a Camaro or Firebird, no shifter hole cutting is necessary. Depending on the current transmission, you may or may not have to shorten your drive shaft. The t5 yoke was different than the old Saginaw yoke, so I just had an entirely new driveshaft made. I was also able to use my old crossmember, but had to drill a new mount hole for the transmission mount.
Good luck.

·
Registered
265 Posts
One more thing that I forgot, the S10 t5 input shaft was not the usual Chevrolet 10 spline, it had qiute a few more splines. I have forgotten how many, but I was expecting to use a different clutch and flywheel. Turns out that instead of swapping to a Jeep input shaft with 10 splines, I could have used the original, plus the S10 clutch disc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts