El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tail lights and my side lights all went out, all of a sudden, i have checked the fuses and replaced them. What else could be the problem?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,813 Posts
Check the harness along the top of the frame rail inside the drivers side tire. they come out of the clip and get rubbed by the tire sometimes. Do the parking lights work?

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
464elky hit the most comon cause . i have fixed dozens of these doing just that. also check the rear light plug near the bumper on the driverside body

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found this black wire with green stripe out of the clip, above the driver side tire. I plugged it back in but still nothing. The wire itself was pretty hard. Could there be another area that i am missing?

thanks

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
jack it up on the driverside and look in at the top of the frame you will see the harness in between the frame and body at about 10 to 12 o clock position

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is it going to be on the drivers side rear or front tire? I looked under at the rear and could find anything that came loose. Ill be checking again.

·
Registered
12,533 Posts
x2
also, check to see if there is power to the headlight switch on the orange wire,,
and power out to the tail lights on the brown wire..

there is a ground that bolts to the frame/crossmember back there too..:texas:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts