El Camino Central Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
yep
like the pic in #16 post
hot on all the time, with the switch on the ground..
its not that much different,
its just going thru the switch the other way
as said the LEDs don't usually work backwards like a light bulb..
i'm just curious if it works..
I trigger relays with the ground side all the time,
but I never used a lighted switch..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
And she lives! Test run was a success . I flipped the switch in 2nd right befor I shift into 3rd. I could tell a huge difference. Felt like I could cruise in 3rd for miles. I also tried flipping it when i was already in 3rd and could hear and feel a change in Rpm. I guess it's key to flip it in 2nd before shift change?

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
its kinda tedious but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Are there any specific guidlines I need to follow when I flip the switch on and off? Only flip it right before shift change from 2nd to 3rd? And flip it off when coming to a stop? The brake switch automatically cuts the circuit no mater what correct?

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
I use the B&M lockup torque converter system and have for about 6-7 years. Go to the B&M site and you can check it out. The system you are using now works great but you have to switch it on and off yourself. The B&M system is automatic and adjustable for different lockup speeds. I use a 2004-R tranny and you will have to get with B&M for these on your tranny. You would love their system !!! If you want to please feel to PM me . Wayne

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
most just leave it off around town, and flip it on when they hit 3rd on the hiway..
NOT while accelerating hard..
the clutches in the stock converters are not that big..
that was a big problem with the first 700's, accelerating hard and towing..
I never did find the answer on the t200c pressure switch in the thread,
if it has one or if the external test port will work??
if you drop the pan for a fluid/filter change, look for the pressure switch..
the brake switch should kill the lock up, but soon as you let off the
brake it may want to engage..
B&M kit link
it don't say its for THM200C tho..
good lookin Elky too...

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Yep,I don't know if the B&M will work either but a call to them will certainly do it. They are super to work with.My first kit went bad about 13-14 months out and when I called them about it they overnighted me a replacement.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Here's the link and it says TH200 ,but still a call will clarify.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Wow, I sure am glad I installed the B&M system ! That works so slick and its totally adjustable as to lockup speed .

21 - 31 of 31 Posts