El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:x 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10... :-D

There needs to be a FAQ technical forum added to answer common questions like "What's the biggest tire?" or "How do I change door hinges?" or "Will a Monte SS nose fit my Elky?" or "How can I tell if I have a real SS?" or "What rear end do I have?". Maybe all it needs are links to the posts that have already answered these questions.

Plus, anyone who asks one of these questions in the other forums without first checking the FAQ forum will be open to public humiliation and/or tar and feathering.

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
1 vote for the tar and feathering! :evil: Ernie some of us are not mechanical wizards and probably wouldn't know where to look if we had a particular question that has already been answered. A FAQ forum might help...but then they would only come here for their problem instead of the fun and learning process. :-D

·
Vendor
4,363 Posts
Well, in each exsisting forum we could create an "announcement" or "sticky" topic on top called "forum faq, please read" suggesting that people use the search feature prior to posting or have a list of common question/answers. But, no matter what we do, people will still not follow directions.

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
acauth1 said:
But, no matter what we do, people will still not follow directions.
What directions, I don't need no stinking directions! :D

Hey, Ernie...How do you change those door pins again?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Really - Will a Monte SS nose fit my Elky?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't help but ask!!!!

This is a great forum, my thanks to all of you that regurally contribute, I don't miss many days without checking to see what is up, and check to see if ElkyPete has made top poster yet... any day now. (just kidding again)

I rutinely look for advice and ideas.

Our '85 project is coming along, but slow, we only get one night a week or so to work on it. The frame has been cleaned, blasted ground smoother and painted and the rearend back under it with new poly bushings! Tonight we paint all the front end stuff and start thinking about how it all goes back together!!

Then my son will start rebuilding a 350 TPI while I finish up the body work. Hope to paint next spring and get to enjoy on the road by mid summer??

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Maybe the Forums title subjects could be increased to include subtitle subjects and be more descriptive. Ex: Under Body Restoration you could include Hood , Doors, Fenders, Tailgates, Choo Choo fascias...Interior could include seats, carpeting, headliner, dashpads, seatbelts. Drivetrain could include Engine, engine electrical, engine cooling, fuel, transmission, rearend etc. etc. It might make it a bit easier for someone looking for something specific or are unsure of what their looking for or just want something to read and increase their knowledge of their vehicle. Just a thought...I suppose you could wind up with a thousand different subtitles though!

·
87 Choo Choo
1,406 Posts
theelcaminofactory said:
Maybe the Forums title subjects could be increased to include subtitle subjects and be more descriptive
Did you see what happened when I added all the individual regions...whoa, way too much! I like Roberts idea, a FAQ sticky on the major forums.

·
Vendor
4,363 Posts
Unfortunately, we cannot create subtopics with the forums program.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts