El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I swapped my sweepstyle for some rallye gauges...thanks for all the help! NOW...my temp gauge doesn't seem to be working correctly. I got a new sender for gauges that I put in the block (not by the thermostat). I start the Camino, and within 1-2 minutes, I'm at 240 degrees. Should I move it to the thermostat area on top of the block?
I've put in 2 new senders and both do the same thing. I even bought a new gauge and it still does the same thing (BTW...I have a temp gauge now for sale...cheap).
HELP!!! Where should my temp sender be located (350 SBC)?
Any other ideas where to look?
Thanks in advance for your help.....I'm tired of throwing money at the same problem.
John

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ECH TS6641 is the Sender I have. It's the only one I could find that fit. It's from NAPA.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I currently have it in the spot you said, but it reads hot really quick there. I used a thermal gun on the radiator hose and thermostat area and it was 30-50 degrees cooler there than what the gauge says. I feel like if I moved it the problem would be solved, but I don't want to creat a more expensive problem (like needing a new engine) if I'm not reading the right temp.

·
Deputy Director, Region 25 Site Supporter
2,574 Posts
the wire could be grounding out on something while its running
that will cause a hi/hot reading.. :texas:
X2, try running it with the wire disconnected from the sender,if it reads high, my ol mate JJ is on the money. If it gives no reading then maybe it is the wrong sender.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts