El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if there are any TN members here, I live in east tn, Knoxville area. Anyone else around here? It would be fun for meet and compare and maybe do a workshop day. It's better to work together. I do not see many El Caminos around on the road. There are a few on Craigslist, but not many that I have seen on the road. Anyways, let me know.

·
Registered
501 Posts
hey glenn,
i am over in portland and actually see quite a few running around but never been able to talk to the owners,always going in diff directions.my car is up near louisville in paint jail,totally stripped to bare metal at this time getting ready to sand smooth and prime and hopefully paint in about 1 1/2 - 2 months.do not get much time to work on her cause of overtime and such.
there are a few members around tn but not too active on here anymore.hope some check in here.
go to the members list and check our region to find more members

ron

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
El Camino transplant!

I had my El Camino shipped from Winchester TN last April. Super rust free frame and body! Lived all her days there. thanks for taking good care of it! :satisfied:

·
Registered
3 Posts
New to Elky's ,living in Hixson ,be good to chat about parts and various issues,just quit attempt to install 3 point seat belts , nothing worked, settled for now with lap belt. Car is 1981 El Camino. :new_ukliam2:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have a 69 I just put 3 point belts in. Got them from Matt's Classic Bowties.. and e-bay. They fit great. They Look Great, And most of all; They work Great. They were a little "spendy", but well worth it IMO..

·
Registered
49 Posts
Three point seat belts

I put a set in my 71 Elky I believe I got them from Ecklers in Athens Ga. Like Ga Chevy Guy said, a little spendy but very nice install and quality.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I put a set in my 71 Elky I believe I got them from Ecklers in Athens Ga. Like Ga Chevy Guy said, a little spendy but very nice install and quality.

·
Deputy Director Region 6 - 2013 Founders' Award Re
3,656 Posts
HELLO GUYS REGION 6 is sending a call to Pongo and TED Dubree round up your guys and get them to THE ALL GM Silver Springs Show by National Parts Depot, Oct 4, 2014. This is worth the trip guys and you will get to be with a "nice" group of ELKY nuts on the grass at the famous Silver Springs (google it). Days Inn and Dennys are just across the street so no drive early Sat morn to the show. We also have a Friday night Outback dinner for those that would like to come. Jump in on the Region 6 Thread and let use know.

·
Premium Member
479 Posts
All GM auto show

Been out of pock, and will be there. Caballero in refit mode, and has been for a couple years. Will have to drive a Toyota, Ford, Or GM product. You guys seam to have all the fun.
Ted Dubree

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi - Mike here ; down here in Sevierville . I'll be crusing the Shades of the Past and the Fall Rod Run for the next week . There are lots of cars in town , even with the rain . Next week is forcast to be good and new stuff will show up .

·
Registered
92 Posts
Im in Spring Hill about 40 miles south of Nashville.
I just got my dads Elky about 2 months ago it came over from Ft. Worth. Im still trying to get it back to a dependable ride new engine and tranny in it now. Most of the wiring is just falling apart so that is what I working on now. Then I will get to the popping in the rearend. Oh ya Im getting shocks and springs today so I will be doing that this weekend after I run new wires to the tail lights.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I,m from NE Alabama about 2.5 hrs. from Chattanooga. I will be in Pigeon Forge next week for the fall rod run. I,m not carring my Elky but I,ll be on the lookout for Nitrogeezer,s choochoo

1 - 20 of 37 Posts