El Camino Central Forum banner

Texas Invitational - Show or No - Should We? Texas voters only, PLEASE?

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please note the Poll Results!................Ken :texas:
(waf from NY slipped one in for No Show)
May 14th it is!
The votes are in (13 to 10 with Region 13 votes - Rally169 is not in Region 13), and the First Annual Texas Invitational will be held on May 14th, in Belton, TX. The invitations are being drawn up as I type, and will be going out ASAP. Each Texas member who has been active since the first of January, 2010, will be receiving either an eMail or a PM - some will receive both. PLEASE respond to the invitation even if you cannot attend, I would appreciate it very much if the members who cannot attend would respond with a reason, i.e., too far to travel. These responses will help us in planning future meetings.

Also, Please keep in mind that a "show" cruck is not a requirement for attending. In fact, a cruck is not a requirement, although we encourage it - opportunities like this to discuss repair, mechanical issues, and other restoration topics with others who may have experienced the same issues, while your cruck is present for reference, will not come along very often. Another fact - you may not have the opportunity to discuss your issues with 70 to 100 other cruck owners again until next year!

I will be posting a poll to see if the attendees want an actual competitive cruck "Show". And, if so would be willing to contribute a $10.00 entry fee. Along with trophies for Modified and Stock classes, we could have several plaques for other awards such as; travel distance, most dents/rust, best motor, etc. Some of the new Region 13 Polo or work shirts could also be awarded, if we have enough attendees who make the contribution. I'll keep that poll open for 40 days past the date of the invitations. Let me know what you'll think of these ideas. Please remember to respond to the invitations - Please...................Ken :beer: :texas:

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
917 Posts
:boo: I wanted it in April. And what kind of :newbie: from :florida:doesn't even realize he is voting in a poll for :texas:? Someone should:buttkick: so he knows better next time.:dontknow: if I can make it on that day. I'm:banghead: to figure out how to make it work. It would be great to to see everyone and have a :beer:.

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,577 Posts
:boo: I wanted it in April. :dontknow: if I can make it on that day. I'm:banghead: to figure out how to make it work. It would be great to to see everyone and have a :beer:.
I'm with you. With the date so late in May, I'll be at the mercy of my wife who will only be a week shy of her due date. So, we'll see how it goes. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.:dontknow:

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The vote set the date

Sorry about the disappointment, fellows. I hope that it works out so that you both can make it. I'm going to be sadly disappointed if we have less than 40 to 50 members in attendance. Once we start getting responses to the invitations, I can start grouping members locations and perhaps suggest some ride-sharing arrangements for those far away...................Ken :beer: :texas:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Hey Ken and everyone , thanks for doing the head-ache work for this get together of region 13:You_Rock: May 14 sounds good to me .... I'll be there with my twins :beer: ... I should be able to get the wifey to drive the 85 with out any moaning or groaning:dontknow: .... looking forward to see and match the names to the faces :beer: ... see ya there Ken and about what time should we get there by ? Thanks the Geezer:nanawrench:

·
Director Region 13 (TX) Emeritus
602 Posts
Fantastic count me in. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. If you all want to go with some awards I’m in but a new El Camino T shirt would work too. Just don’t want anyone to get discouraged by thinking this is just another show car event and that’s not what you’ve got, bring it out if it will run if not borrow mamas car or bum a ride. Like Ken said it is a get togeather.
Harald K :texas::patriot::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Invitations!

The formal invitations to the 1st Annual Texas Invitational will be sent out over the next few days, both in eMail form and via the PM system here on our Forum. I apologize in advance to those who will receive both versions, but it's the only way I can be assured of reaching the maximum number of Texas members.

When you receive the invitation, PLEASE respond - either that you can make it or can't. For those who can't make it, PLEASE offer a reason - information that we can use in planning next year's meeting to better accommodate your needs. If the travel distance is just too far, please indicate if you would be willing to share a ride with another member. We would like to see the maximum possible number of members there!

I'll be setting up a poll to find out if you want an El Camino show, with trophies and such - and if you would want to make a $10.00 donation (entry fee) to purchase trophies and such. Donny is working behind the scenes to coordinate with the City of Belton, along with contacting local merchants for possible door prizes. Any member with contacts in the area could assist with those efforts (please let me know, so efforts are not duplicated)................Ken :texas:

1st Annual Texas Invitational

(NECOA Region 13 Statewide meet)

May 14, 2011, 11:00am-4:30pm (Rain date May 15th)

700 Confederate Park Dr.

Belton, TX 76513

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,577 Posts
Be there or be talked about!:nanawrench:
BTW, if anyone traveling a long distance plans on staying overnight locally, if we have enough, we may be able to get a group rate at a local motel. If there's only a few that need overnight accomodations, I have access to a corporate rate at LaQuinta that will save you 10-15%. Just let me know either in this thread or via PM, and I will look into it.

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good Idea

Good idea with the La Quinta. Count me in, and I believe that the Geezer is planning on staying also. Maybe you should book 10 rooms with an early release date if they're not used?...............Ken :beer: :texas:

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,577 Posts
Ken, I've started a list to see how many want to stay overnight. One person has already contacted me. With you & the geez in, plus myself, that will make 4 already. I'm going to see how many people are interested, and by the end of March, will give the hotel a call and see what kind of group rate we can negotiate.

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks!

That'll do it! Thanks, 'Gater. The Geezer may need two rooms, he's bringing two crucks?......................Ken :beer: :texas:

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I have not received anything about the $10 in a pm or email, so is it just assumed to bring it. I just wanted to meet everyone. lol Didn't know I had to pay to meet Donny and that pink monstrosity. lol:beer:

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Texas Poll

The poll just went up for the Texas members to vote for any one of a series of options. Just go to the top of this Thread and vote..............Ken :beer: :texas:

T

·
0 Posts
Hello Ken
I will not be able to attend the invitational as I will be in Biloxi, MS for a US Navy unit (River Division 515) reunion.
That aside, I sold my 86 ElCamino last April and now drive a "next gen" Elky - a Chevy SSR. The Texas86 vehicle now happily resides, in the Austin, Texas area.

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry!

Hello Ken
I will not be able to attend the invitational as I will be in Biloxi, MS for a US Navy unit (River Division 515) reunion.
That aside, I sold my 86 ElCamino last April and now drive a "next gen" Elky - a Chevy SSR. The Texas86 vehicle now happily resides, in the Austin, Texas area.
Sorry to hear that you cannot attend, Ralph, and that you lost your cruck. Cheer up, things may get better..............Ken :beer: :texas:

1 - 20 of 176 Posts