El Camino Central Forum banner

Texas Invitational - Show or No - Should We? Texas voters only, PLEASE?

41 - 60 of 176 Posts

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,619 Posts
I haven't received an email or pm
Maybe we didn't have a correct e-mail? :dontknow:

We're still working on the PM's. Anyway, no need to wait for that. Ken's #10 post of this thread is essentially the same thing as the invite. Just let us know if you can make it!:texas:

·
Director Region 13 (TX) Emeritus
602 Posts
Imo

Ken, Donny,
I strongly encourage you to stick with the Confederate park off I 35 where we met last time. The location is one of the easiest to find simple on off accessibility close to fast food and now there is even a fine Tex-Mex restaurant right across the creek from the park. Good latrine facilities lots of parking and covered pavilions, shade trees and even a play area if you have to bring the kids. As for a better place in Belton there really is not one that I can think of that would be better suited for our event. Plus the price is free and that's always a plus, just my opinion. I will be there but I think I already told you that. Harald K

:texas:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Hey Ken my Twins are used to being papered and I talk to them all the time , and Whisper Sweet Stupids in their ears :inlove:, they AIN'T neglected like DDDDDD does his :dontknow: ..... they look like two poor ol Orphan Crucks :secret: ..... Once a month on pay-days my two HONEY'S get their monthly dose of VP unleaded 109 octain rockett fuel :beer: in their tanks just for being good little Crucks :inlove: ... Hey Ken I'll kick in $ 10 bucks ... I don't look at it like I'm being charged to meet and greet our member friends , just want to help out ... and by the way Fixitman my two cars aren't show quality or a pair of Bathing Beauties either , I just like to drive my Monique and Unique because ...... We're All Unique , just my 2 cents ..... and again THANKS for everything :You_Rock: Thanks the Geezer:nanawrench:

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
and who and when will this Money be collected/for ten bucks will there be any thing besides tropie/dash plak shirts for early registration/ sticker for you window showing you have attended Lots to think about if there is a charge/Now if we are being charged for the Place we will be meeting and ten Bucks from every one would cover that rental I have no problem with that,
I put on a car show here in Santa Fe Texas and there is a lot to do for awards we have one commitie Just for that/who will Judge/will there be a Paid Judge? peoples Choice ? Just my 2 Cents For just a Get toghther Better Keep it Free You see Its not gust the Ten Bucks Thats No big deal Car show people want someting for the Money See everyone in Belton !!!:texas::dontknow:

·
Registered
408 Posts
Kudos to Region 13 Leadership

Just want to start by saying thanks to Ken, Glenn, Donny, and anyone else who had a hand in putting this together-what a great idea!!! I doubt if you will ever find a time and location that will make a 100% of the members a 100% happy but this is a pretty good compromise in my opinion.

Not too keen about the idea of a car show. The last thing I plan to do after driving for over 2 hours is try to scrape all the dead bugs off my grill & windshield (only to do it all again the next day). Would prefer to spend my time & energy drinking something cool and looking at cool crucks.

Although I will not be able to RON at Belton, am hoping that I can link up with Geezer and anyone else coming up from San Antonio and convoy up. Maybe I can find someone going back to SA that night to draft on and help decimate the bug population on I-35S.

Looking forward to meeting some cool guys/gals with cool crucks!

Fred Mittelstedt
San Antonio, TX
72 Camino (haulzazz)

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I will be there with my dad. He doesn't own an Elky, but he helps me with everything I do to to mine. We can't wait.:nanawrench:

·
Registered
917 Posts
Anyone know if there is power outlets at the park? If not, does anyone have a power converter in their cruck? If so, maybe I can snag a bounce house from work for any kids in attendance.

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Great Progress!

I'm somewhat disappointed about the low number of responses to the eMails, as I had over 50 percent returns last year. For those who have received the invitations, PLEASE note that a response is requested - also that you give your user name on the ECC/NECOA Forum. I can't match an eMail address on your return to either your given name or your ECC user name. So, that information is up to you to furnish.

Now, all Texas members please print off a supply of the NECOA fliers, post them on all El Caminos you see in your immediate vicinity (wait 'til the cruck is stopped, or rolling slowly!) I also need a volunteer to draw up a simple flier for the Texas Invitational - so it too can be left on those crucks and posted in your local parts places, or any other place you can think of. When composing the flier, ask: "Where else are you going to see 40 plus El Caminos/GMC Sprints?" "Where else can you meet and mix with 50 plus cruck drivers?"

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Good Idea!

Gregg, check with Donny - he's in contact with Belton city officials, and can add that question to his communications. I know that there's a public building and pavilions on site, but don't know about the plug. I do have a power converter if necessary..............Ken :beer: :texas:

Anyone know if there is power outlets at the park? If not, does anyone have a power converter in their cruck? If so, maybe I can snag a bounce house from work for any kids in attendance.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Hey Greg , I have two converts that I will bring ..... they plug in the cig. liter or gater clips to the battery .... Thanks the Geezer:nanawrench:

·
0 Posts
I just printed a few fliers off. Im gonna start hunting down the infamous El Camino. Hey Ken,I never received an email about The Texas Invitational.

·
Ministry of Broke Things
6,619 Posts
Still receiving responses to the invites daily, but there's still a lot left out. Soon, I'm going to post a roster of those that have responding saying that they are coming so we can keep a running tally of those that have committed to come. As they say, "keep the cards and letters coming!"

:beer::texas:

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Partial list?

Great idea, Glenn! I'll try to get my running list of probables, from the posts and PMs, to you sometime tomorrow. Thanks very much.......................Ken :beer:

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Power is ON!

Power outlets will be available, Gregg...................Ken :beer: :texas:

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Texas Invitational Flier Posted

A new flier for the 2011 Texas Invitational has been posted as a "sticky" to the Region 13 forum.................Ken :beer: :texas:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Hey Fred , I think I met you one nite at Biff's with Steve Centex 396 ... I posted a number and email so get back with me so we can kinda plan a time to leave ... I live behind Biff's about a mile down the road ... talk to ya soon ... Thanks the Geezer:nanawrench:

·
Heavy Wrench
982 Posts
I'm looking forward to it.

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Bump

Bump!

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
And the 10 Bucks will go to WHO ??? There or send it to someone ????My ride wont stand up in a show So i would like my Truck washed for my ten bucks :poke::texas:

41 - 60 of 176 Posts