El Camino Central Forum banner

Texas Invitational - Show or No - Should We? Texas voters only, PLEASE?

161 - 176 of 176 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
ITS not to late ....

I'm ready!!! But I didn't see the post about sending in you $10.00. I hope It's not to late.
Not to late YOU can Do It This late it would be besst to do payPal Thanks !!!
The pre-registration donations can be sent via PayPal to [email protected] , or mailed to:

Ken Rogers
2005 Running Brook
Joshua, Texas 76058 :You_Rock:

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Paypal Info !!! Please send your Donations Thanks

Please note the Poll Results!................Ken :texas:

(waf from NY slipped one in for No Show)
May 14th it is!
The votes are in (13 to 10 with Region 13 votes - Rally169 is not in Region 13), and the First Annual Texas Invitational will be held on May 14th, in Belton, TX. The invitations are being drawn up as I type, and will be going out ASAP. Each Texas member who has been active since the first of January, 2010, will be receiving either an eMail or a PM - some will receive both. PLEASE respond to the invitation even if you cannot attend, I would appreciate it very much if the members who cannot attend would respond with a reason, i.e., too far to travel. These responses will help us in planning future meetings.

Also, Please keep in mind that a "show" cruck is not a requirement for attending. In fact, a cruck is not a requirement, although we encourage it - opportunities like this to discuss repair, mechanical issues, and other restoration topics with others who may have experienced the same issues, while your cruck is present for reference, will not come along very often. Another fact - you may not have the opportunity to discuss your issues with 70 to 100 other cruck owners again until next year!

I will be posting a poll to see if the attendees want an actual competitive cruck "Show". And, if so would be willing to contribute a $10.00 entry fee. Along with trophies for Modified and Stock classes, we could have several plaques for other awards such as; travel distance, most dents/rust, best motor, etc. Some of the new Region 13 Polo or work shirts could also be awarded, if we have enough attendees who make the contribution. I'll keep that poll open for 40 days past the date of the invitations. Let me know what you'll think of these ideas. Please remember to respond to the invitations - Please...................Ken :beer: :texas:
The pre-registration donations can be sent via PayPal to [email protected] , or mailed to:

Ken Rogers

2005 Running Brook
Joshua, Texas 76058

·
Super Moderator
1,568 Posts
I feel like a kid waiting for Santa on Christmas Eve---I can't wait until Saturday!! You'd think I never get out of the house!! lol
Thanks, Ken for putting this event together it's going to be great!! Thanks also to Roy & Joyce, and Glenn, and to everyone else who's making this shin-dig a first class event!!:You_Rock:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who's that excited. :xmas:

·
Heavy Wrench
982 Posts
I am looking forward to seeing all of your slick bad #ss rides! With all those Elky's in one place, mine may not be my favorite anymore... :poke:

Anyone who brings boiled crawfish will get a free paid entry courtesy of the Terminator! (Please don't put the seasoning on top like they do here in Dallas... plugh!)

·
Registered
794 Posts
I'm... just... not... going... to... be... able... tomakeithappen!! Hey, it wasn't supposed to be even close, but the old bad girl has paint, today! But, too much work left to do in finish prep before she is out the door, and then I have way much to do before its driveable. But I will see the Dallas locals at the various shows soon~~~ I will be looking forward to much pictures, much video, and much tales, short and tall, from the Belton bash.

·
Administrator
7,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Attendees Report!

For any member with an interest in the 1st Texas Invitational, this is what the lower end of the attendees list looks like today (May 12th). You can see the entire list at: http://www.elcaminocentral.com/showthread.php?t=40023

94. slimdadred
95. Mike Weller (Non-member)
97. Jim Meader ( Non-member)
98. Jerry Teaff
99. tcar83
100. Lentimidator
101. Harold Blewitt
102. David Bolding
103. PRAMM pp
104. Mtrcycldude
105.Lumberjackjustin
106. zerogs24
107.Spdeesr
108. Robert McMurry
109. J.M. Chastain pp1/2
110. Tomscruck
111. Hiep Mai pp1/2
112. 64 El Camino
113. James Martin
114. SeanB p
115. Carol Silvernell p
116. Robert Smith
117. Fredrick Mittlestedt p

118. Robert Bowman p
119. Voluntier

I really like the looks of the list, except for the missing names who haven't comitted yet! Please don't let yourself miss this event! Let me know today to reserve a space for you at the party...............Ken :beer: :texas:

P

·
0 Posts
Wow

WOW this looks like it's going to be great!

Nice job setting this up! :beer:

Have a safe and good time everyone!

Wish I could go but Map Quest said it's 19000 miles

·
Heavy Wrench
982 Posts
WOW this looks like it's going to be great!

Nice job setting this up! :beer:

Have a safe and good time everyone!

Wish I could go but Map Quest said it's 19000 miles
Just hit the (-) icon on MapQuest until the drive time is only 2 inches long.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Terminator I am def looking forward to seeing your ride, looks so bamf!!

·
Heavy Wrench
982 Posts
Leaving now... and the wife is riding shotgun... Drats! Maybe Ken can put her in charge of making us Hurricanes.

I'll see y'all there. You can't miss this Cajun-Terminator. I will be wearing a Crawfish!

·
Registered
10 Posts
great times

The weather is going to be great. I'm really looking forward to this. The wife even wants to come!
Thanks to Ken and everyone who has made this happen.:You_Rock:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Belton Here I Come

The wife and I will be driving down from Abilene Saturday morning, ha ha, she will have to get up extra early.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Look for the Coldspring, Kingwood and Bryan convoy coming in. We should be there before 10am. This is going to be so great!!!!!

161 - 176 of 176 Posts