El Camino Central Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, this might seem kind of dumb of me to ask, but do any of you have a TH-250 in your 5th gens? I was convinced for a long while that I had the TH350 (TH350C) and even a friend at the local speed shop thought it was until we tried installing my B&M Transpak last night. Turns out it's a 250 and B&M makes no shift kits or Transpaks for that transmission. This is a really bummer as I just had a B&M Quicksilver shifter put in and I have always wanted a firmer shift. I have a TH350 sitting in my garage that probably needs rebuilding, but before I consider swapping that one in, I thought I'd check with the experts to see if it will be a straight swap or if there would be any problems.

Thanks for your help!
Kris Horton

·
1,867 Posts
Straight swap. A FAR better choice.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Even better would be a 200-4R overdrive trans. Might be a better choice if your 350C needs rebuilding. It needs a different crossmember, but that's easy to find.

·
Registered
26 Posts
[quote='84ElCaminoSS]Also considering a 4L60 or 700R4. Any idea on which is better/easier to install? Thanks!

Kris[/quote]

To install a 700 or 4l60 in a G-body. you'll need to cut the drive shaft 3" move/modify the crossmember. and add a lock up kit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts